April 27ers How are we doing today? 1 month out

Renee W.
on 5/27/04 3:43 am - Greenville, SC
Rachelq
on 5/27/04 4:12 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Renee, Well it is our one month anniversary. thanks for the reminder. I'm feeling terrific (other than bouts of major consitipation.) I'm doing ok on my pureed (though I've cheated a bit with things that are more solid than I should be eating right now). Everything is going down fine. Haven't dumped once. For me that's good news and bad. I like feeling good, but I was hoping that my diet choices would be more limited to keep me in line. I'm walking everday and looking forward to increasing my workout once I get the ok. How are you doing?
Renee W.
on 5/27/04 5:44 am - Greenville, SC
Well I have lost 31 pounds so far. And I am trying to stick to my diet it's hard but I manage I have not dump yet either .but I havn't eaten anything I'm not suppose to . I t is very hard trying to get my water and protein in but I'm trying & I have join the gym .
Katy J.
on 5/27/04 5:59 am - Goldsboro, NC
Hey Renee!! Doing just fine. I have lost 38lbs so far, have eaten without dumping as well, but I'm nauseated a lot. Not so much from eating food, but smells from cooking and other odors. I also find myself wanting to drink more then eat; I really have to watch myself. I also walk and started to get back to weight training. LOW weights mind you , I'm not that brave. But all in all, I think it's going well. Katy
Renee W.
on 5/27/04 6:11 am - Greenville, SC
Katy, You are doing wonderful keep it up !!!!!
MishaSasha
on 5/28/04 7:58 am - Monterey County, CA
You guys are doing great. I've only lost 26 pounds (I know, shouldn't compare) but i'm feeling great. Started swimming yesterday. Regards, Amanda Lap RNY 4/27/04
Janice H.
on 5/28/04 11:38 am - dewey, az
I'm doing great. I've lost 22 lbs--not as much as some but i'm happy with it. I'm able to eat real food now but am still not eating all that much. I'm having 2 protein drinks a day and walking 2.5 to 3 miles each day. Open RNY 4/27
FrancieP
on 5/31/04 2:56 am - West Des Moines, IA
Hi! I'm doing great. Have had no nausea, no vomiting, dumping. I'm down 24 lbs -- so I'm a slow loser. Keeping busy, lots of walking, can't "sit" for long! My biggest challenges: now that I'm eating 1-2 oz of "soft proteins," I have a harder time getting all my water in. Also, whenever I eat food that's warm, I tend to eat too fast. And then I get a very uncomfortable, almost heartburn type of feeling in my pouch. Lasts a couple hours and it's miserable. Just having trouble adjusting to eating so slowly that you have to keep microwaving the small amount of food you eat! I go back to work a week from tomorrow - not thrilled about that. I'm afraid the stress, hours, will make this all more challenging. I want to start weight-training. Hope to get approval for that next Monday at my 6 week checkup! Sounds like everyone's doing great! Francie P Lap RNY 4/27/04 -24 lbs
glenda A.
on 6/3/04 1:13 pm - providence, RI
HI RENEE, I AM DOING FINE I LOST 40 POUNDS AT THE BEGINING I THINK I WAS DOING BETTER BECAUSE I HAD NO NAUSEA, WHAT IS REALLY STRANGE IS THAT ALL OF THE PROTEIN DRINKS THAT I TRY TASTE NASTY, SO I DON'T TAKE ANY, BESIDES THAT EVERYTHING IS GOOD I HOPE EVERYTHING IS GOOD WITH YOU TOO.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views