April 26ers.How are you doing?

Nathaline A.
on 5/26/04 11:31 pm - Plainfield, NJ
Upset to hear that you are having a hard time, and to think that you are a failure must be depressing, because you are a step closer to your goal that a lot of other people, who just cannot commit to it, you have committed yourself because you had the surgery, indeed it is hard at first, but I keep hearing that it will get better, and that if you do have concerns, do not be afraid to ask questions, get advice, and so on. I weighed 367 before the surgery and now I am at 332. I feel as if I should have lost more, but I am learning to eat the right things, for instance - ENsure is a no no, gatorade is a no no, which is the only thing that I enjoyed. I am not too big on food at this moment, my doctor is stressing the importance of meat and vegetable, but it is hard. So I am going to try the protein shakes everyone is talking about, to at least warrant my protein intake. This week I lost 4 lbs and was dissapointed, then the lady in the red dress showed up, which explained why it was only 4lbs. I had gotten my b12 shot yesterday, and will not see my doctor again until close to the end of June. But to know that it is a group of April 26r's out there is a great comfort. I would like to welcome myself to the club. You will be fine, it is just a transitional change that you and your body is going through. Without change there can be no change, if that makes any sense at all.
Tamara B.
on 5/28/04 4:17 pm - southwest, MO
BOy I need to come to this board more often. We are getting ready for a cross country move so I haven't even been to OH much. I had surgery the 26th and weighed in at a 17pound loss at 10 days out. I have not weighed since! No scales in my house and it's hard but I know having them would be harder on me now. I am walking a mile 3-4 times a week and so far that's about all. I do park far away when I go to the store and that sort of thing so I get more walking in though. I am hooked on beef jerky now! I am really sick of most foods. I've been eating regular stuff for 2wks with a few exceptions (salad, steak, corn etc). I do eat oatmeal made with water and splenda every morning and that has helped keep me "regular" since I started eating it a week ago. I saw a commercial about how it helps with that and said, "That's what I need!" : ) I am goin with my sis to her consult on the 8th so I will weigh then. I am still wearing the same size pants but can now wear some that I could not before surgery and the ones that were tight are very roomy. I think I need to get my exercise up more and that'll improve. Take care everyone, Tami
Carol H.
on 6/1/04 2:51 am - Vineland, NJ
I too had my "Y" surgery on 4/26. I lost 21 and a half pounds in first 3 weeks, haven't weighed since. Go to doctors today. My clothes haven't changed that much, must have been too tight before. I still have an opening at end of incision that drains what doctor feels is fatty fluid. No infection thank goodness. It is annoying though. It is where the drains were in after surgery. I was told i only need to eat at least 60 grams of protein/day. I sometimes struggle with that. I try to eat an egg for breakfast, sometimes nauseates me, never did before surgery. For lunch i eat tuna, egg salad (doesn't bother me at lunch), chicken and 2 or 3 fat free saltines and maybe if i have room a piece of fruit. Dinner i have been experimenting with foods. always eat my protein first. In between meals i have 1 yogurt, 1 carnation instant breakfast with sk milk and pro mod powder. Sometimes string cheese. I struggle to get in 50 ounces of water. I am not very creative so foods especially chicken and turkey are mostly tastless. any suggestions? i am just starting to feel less weak. Returning to work 6/7 but i only work 3 days a week. Hope I continue to do well and that is my wish for all of you too
Peggy Boyd
on 9/29/04 1:55 am - Antioch, TN
Well April 26ers, we have had five months now. How is everyone doing? I have lost 104 lbs but I am having a serious problem with head hunger. Any Suggestions? I feel like I am getting to the point where I have to start doing some of the work instead of letting my pouch be the boss because I find I can graze all day. Hang in there everyone!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views