Just not hungry

Karen W.
on 5/24/04 6:56 am - Akron, OH
Hi I am 5 wks post-op I I am just not hungr. I try to eat but can only manage a couple bites. Down 27 lbs. I hope I'm not blowing it. Anyone else not have a appetite?
Kathy B.
on 5/24/04 7:00 am - Lodi, CA
I am having the same problem. Thanks for you input. I am 7 weeks post op. It is such a "chore" to eat, I just do not. I too can only manage a couple of bites. Even when in my head I think I many be hungry, after a bite, I say to heck with it.
lwalker108
on 5/24/04 7:32 am - Appling, GA
Hi Karen I am 5 wks post-op also. I have the same problem. I do have cravings but when I buy or fix the food that I my craving I don't want to eat it.
sloane
on 5/24/04 8:48 am - New Albany, OH
Karen, I had surgery one day after you and I am the same exact way. I'm never hungry and I have to force myself to eat. I did force myself into 6 mini meals on Sat and felt better, more energy. So, I would encourage you to try it. Good luck. Tandi
Debbie W.
on 5/24/04 10:45 am - Mars Hill, NC
I have the same problem, and food just does not taste good to me. I have a feeding tube to get my protein and water, I really want it out so I force myself to eat manily proteins. Just hang in there my Dr assures me that it will get better.
Karen G.
on 5/24/04 11:22 am - greeley, CO
Me too! Not hungry. I wouldn't eat all day but I'm tryimg to force SOME protein. I can't stand protein drinks so I'm a little nervous. Hoping it gets better. I also worry my weight loss will be slowed since I'm taking hardly any calories.
Diana S.
on 5/24/04 12:12 pm - Lawton, OK
I am 3 weeks out and not hungry. At one of the support groups I attend, they said it's okay. A lot of people don't get hungry. As long as your getting your supplements and protein, you'll be okay. Remember, we can't eat enough to surive so as long as we get the important stuff down, we can take time to do the rest. I only eat a few bites at meals but I am getting around 90 g of protein a day through liquids. Luckily my taste buds are coming back and things are starting to taste good again.
SREvans26
on 5/25/04 4:30 am - Baytown, TX
I am 4 weeks post op and I have not been hungry either. I am also having problems with liquids, I can't seem to get all 64 oz in each day. I am down 30 lbs right now, but I am afraid that I will not lose anymore if I can't stick to the diet plan and eat the 6 meals and drink 64 oz of liquid a day and maintain 84g of protein a day!!
queenbeeme
on 5/25/04 6:20 am - Tuttle, OK
It does get better... I had surgery on 3-30 and went through exactly everything everyone is describing... just keep up what you can, and it will get better... it gets easier to eat and you'll start wanting food in a couple of weeks... Lori
Rondaslosinit
on 5/26/04 10:15 am - Richardson, TX
Ditto to everyone!! I am not hungry and eating is SUCH a chore! I never thought I'd be in this position! Ronda
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views