confused...

omawxgirl
on 5/23/04 9:03 am - Omaha, NE
Hi Ladies, I am so discouraged! My scale has not moved at bit in over 10 days! What is the deal??? I will be 4 weeks out next Friday. I am getting in about 50 oz of water a day, doing one protien shake with carb countdown milk which gives me 32 grms of protien at a time. ...and I am probably eating about 8- 10 oz of food a day, mostly protien, however the carbs such as potatoes sit so much better in my pouch. At first I thought it was my body's way of catching up, I have lost 28 lbs in the first 2 weeks, then I though, Oh my period must be coming....still no sign of that yet. It is so frustrating!! While I don't expect to drop it as fast as I did the first 2 weeks, I thought it would be a slow steady progress. I tried kicking up a notch today by getting out and talking a nice .5 mile walk, my first time to exercise. Maybe that will help. Anyone else know if anything could be wrong to have me stall my weight loss this early? Those standard feeling of failure have set in. Thanks for letting me vent.
Kim T.
on 5/23/04 10:19 am - Dracut, MA
i'm in the same boat.. i think our bodies think this is another one of those shed the pounds quick diets and they are rebelling i was thinking of trying to eat more, i dont think i'm getting in enough food.. 6 small meals a day is all i keep hearing and i admit i'm slacking there.. so that's what i'm about to try, if you come up with something that works clue me in as well i'm down 32 from surgery on 4/7 .. good luck! ~Kim
MonCheriAmour
on 5/23/04 10:42 am - Lansing, MI
Hello Ladies: I too have been struggling to get the scales to move. I started this weekend tracking what I am eating and drinking on FITDAY.COM this really showed me how little I was taking in calorie wise. My plan for this week is to continue to work on water intake, which is really difficult for me. When I drink water alone, I can barely get 20 ounces a day in, however, when I mix sf tang or sf Kool aid in I do much better. I also plan to work on increasing my eating... I have such a hard time eating just a portion of food. My belly feel's like the food is just laying there doing nothing. I did discover today that If I take 2 tums before eating or drinking water, I don't have a stomach ache like I have been having. Finally I plan to Increase protien and exercise. I have been walking 1 mile on my treadmill 3 times a week. Plan to go for 5 day's a week and increase it to 1.25 miles.... I know that is not much, but it is the best I can do for now. I do walk on my (2) 15 min breaks at work... I have got to believe that our bodies are just going through a natural adjustment... but I myself have had to fight self-defeating thoughts, like I have failed already? Not so.... We have only just begun... I know I did not go through all that pain, worry about death and leaving my children, to let this slow weight-loss or scales dictate if I will win the battle of the bludge!!
aimeexx
on 5/23/04 2:03 pm - Beaumont, CA
Thanks for the info on Fitday.com, I'm going to try it out! I had the scale-not-moving problem too. Apparently, your body drops weight, then adjusts, then you drop weight again. And, your body goes into "shock" if you eat too little and it tries to hang on to the fat. I do not count my calories, or fat or whatever, but I am staying away from carbs. I have lost 45 lbs in 6 weeks, since April 12. You will lose too!!!! Keep me posted on how it's going... Aimee
Kathy B.
on 5/24/04 6:50 am - Lodi, CA
I would STOP GIVING ALL MY POWER TO THE SCALE!!! I weigh once every two to three weeks. The numbers are irrelevent. If you are compliant, the weight will come off.
Jennifer H.
on 5/25/04 4:18 am - Hampton, VA
I agree with the last post---ditch the scale! I found myself early-on frustrated by a plateau. I finally started measuring once a week and have found that much more motivating! I've lost an incrediable 12 inches off my rear alone!!! Work your tool and it will work for you! Jennifer RNY 4/28/04
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views