Milk is the enemy

Barb -.
on 5/23/04 5:08 am - PA
Last night I had a couple mouth fulls of milk. Not a good thing, gas factor was very long and painfull and to top it off it was 4 am. Today I feel like someone beat the crap out of me (no pum there). Today all I can do is lay on the couch but I did make meatballs & sause for dinner tonight. My son is going through spegetti withdrawler. Being Italian I always loved my pasta too much one of my pre op favorites. I will have a forkfull tonight with my meatball and I am sticking to angel hair it seems to digest the best. I am really glad that I found communites on the message board and chose my date to pick a board to post on. Well I hope everybody had a good weekend and see ya later........................................ Barb
Suzanne K.
on 5/23/04 12:50 pm - Millsboro, DE
Hi Barb, I love pasta too! One of my weaknesses being Italian. I just made meatballs and italian sausage and ravioli's... I had to smell it cooking all day in my crockpot. I did have a little of each, was sooooo good! I am, or should I say used to be, a BIG milk drinker. I could go through a gallon in 3-4 days, myself. No one else here likes it. I do sneak a few oz here and there, but I do try to steer clear of it. Take care and have a great night. Sue
Kathy B.
on 5/24/04 6:47 am - Lodi, CA
Good luck with that pasta and meat ball! If I did that, it would kill me off. I had my surgery on 4/13 . Thanks for the tip on milk. I was going to try some tonight. I think I will wait.
Janice H.
on 5/24/04 9:32 am - dewey, az
I use milk to make my protein drinks each day and don't have a problem with it. I tried the Carb Countdown and didn't like it so I went back to fat free milk. It has more carbs but makes the protein drinks much more palatable.
DEB W.
on 5/25/04 3:21 am - VIRGINIA BEACH, VA
Hey, I would be really careful with that pasta. I am not suppose have any pasta unless it is a whole grain and then very little. It swells in my pouch and because the pouch is still healing, we should not pu**** enjoy the sauce and meat balls if you must. the meatballs I make are with ground turkey, instead of beef. which is better too. as for milk I like the carb countdown alot, and I too use it in my protein shakes instead of water, so I can get more protein in my system each day. deb -41
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views