Weird Feelings, Anyone???

M G.
on 5/22/04 2:44 pm - Birmingham, AL
I had RNY on 4/19 and I'm really doing great. The only weird thing is that I can feel my food sometimes and my liquids as well. It's like I swallow the liquid, I don't feel it in my esophagus, but when it reaches under my left ribcage I feel it. Almost a feeling of pressure. It's so ODD and I wanted to know if anyone else experiences this? Am I the only freak?? 418/386/200's
Bookmdano
on 5/22/04 5:58 pm - Shreveport, LA
Hi MG, No you are not the only freak! LOL I had my RNY Lap 4/26/2004. I think what you might be feeling is the food in your new and still sensitive pouch. Food doesn't bother me so much as water does. If the water is cold it feels like I am being stabbed in the stomach with a knife. Try smaller bites and eat a little slower and maybe room temperature liquids until you heal more. If it keeps up call your doctor and ask him what you might be feeling. Hope this helps. Hang in there and the best of luck to you. Oh, if you want to know something weird, my sense of smell has changed a lot. Some things that I used to think smelled so good now makes me nauseous. I hope this is a passing thing with me. I wish you the best my friend. Good Luck! Dan B.
Rae Smiles
on 5/22/04 9:21 pm - Mount Airy, MD
I too had surgery on 4/19, I think my doctor put in a grelim. My stomach feels swishy after I drink and the noises are unbelievable....very loud....I can only imagine what others will think the first time I take a sip in a quiet meeting.... Basically, everything that I knew and understood to be normal with my body/stomach has now changed...I am trying to re-learn "NORMAL". But I admit to being slightly Abbie-normal!! RAE
Kathy B.
on 5/24/04 6:51 am - Lodi, CA
I had mine on 4/13 and this happens to me all the time. Good luck!
Diana S.
on 5/24/04 12:35 pm - Lawton, OK
I had Open RNY on 4/30 and this happens to me too. I started taking smaller sips and bites and that helped. Now as I've moved farther out, I am beginning to take bigger sips. I had to stay off of cold liquids because my new pouch was so sensitive, but now I'm doing better. I can drink things with ice which makes it better.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views