April 2004 and Exercise??

MonCheriAmour
on 5/22/04 1:29 am - Lansing, MI
Just curious to how much exercise everyone is doing since your surgery? What type of exercise? I went to see my surgeon last Thursday, and he released me to start lifting light weights. I try to walk everyday at work, and also do 30mins on my treadmill 3-4 times a week. I have lost 33 pounds since surgery, and I lost 10 pounds 2 weeks prior to surgery. My surgeon, felt I should have lost around 40 pounds? I am trying not to be discouraged by his comments.... Oh Well Thanks Cheri
frea2bea
on 5/22/04 1:34 am - COlorado Springs, CO
Cheri, Definitely don't get discouraged by his comments. It sounds like you are doing great with your activity. You've even done what is recommended by scheduling it in! If we don't schedule it in, it just doesn't get done!!! 30 pounds is awesome. Keep drinking, and getting all your protein, and you are doning what needs to be done to loose! Keep up the good work!
2FatB4
on 5/22/04 2:36 am - small town, MI
I am walking 30-45 minutes a day. I know with your lifting weights you are adding muscle which weigh more than fat but takes up a lot less space. Are you measuring? I bet you will find you are loosing more inches. Don't be discouraged. You are doing great. Adding muscle will help your metabolism and you will start burning more fat. Alison
Rachelq
on 5/22/04 3:34 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Wow. I'm surprised your doctor said that. Everyone loses at their own pace and it sounds to me like you are doing great! I'm trying to not even get on the scale except for apptointments. I'm going by how my clothes fit. So far, clothes I was growing out of fit well now. I am walking 30-40mins daily. Not too vigorous though. I haven't been release for exercise yet. I've got 2-1/2 weeks to go before I hit the six week mark. keep up the good work! Rachel
MonCheriAmour
on 5/23/04 12:03 am - Lansing, MI
Thanks for your support.... everyone.... I am going to keep doing what I am doing.... I have got to believe the weight will eventually come off. Cheri'
cricket_nj
on 5/23/04 4:22 am - Butler, NJ
I do about 15-20 minutes on the treadmill a three-four times a week. I also teach first grade so I am moving ALL day. I'm down 36 pounds. My PCP said I should be down more....said I was eating too much (I had told him that I 3/4 of a small cheeseburger for lunch that day). He had me so depressed that I cried on the way home! My SURGEON told me not to concentrate on weight and just worry about my health. I'm going to listen to him from now on. Sounds like you're doing great to me! Debbie
Larakatya
on 5/26/04 6:34 am - Twin Cities, MN
Hi Cheri! I am 8 weeks out so bear that in mind. Last week I began to bike to work at least 2 times a week which means I am biking around 14 miles on those days. I also bike to the farmer's market which is also 14 miles. Yes, I am feeling pretty good! On the off days, I make sure to get out of my office, take the stairs, and go for at least 1 if not 2 15 minute walks during the day. (Helps me from falling asleep. . .I crash just after noon!) Your loss is GREAT! Give it time. (Your surgeon ought to know better. . .perhaps they are trying to be "motivating" bleah.) Best of luck, and keep your chin up. It can't rain every day. ~Lara
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views