Scared not losing enough- Plateau Already?????

Sissy N
on 5/20/04 5:53 am - Hesperia, CA
I had my surgery open RNY on 04/12/04 and today I have lost 33 pounds. It has only been 5 weeks and I am worried that it won't start up again. I haven't lost anything in 2 weeks. I am getting 65 grams of protein each day (shakes) and trying to eat protein here and there, but no appetite. I drink 52 ozs. of water each day, that's all I can handle right now, I feel like I'm swimming. Am I doing something wrong? or just being paranoid. Any input would be helpful. Thanks Sissy Open RNY 4/12/04 270/237/?????
Rugman
on 5/20/04 6:42 am - Lumberton, NC
Hey Sissy.. I think you are doing great..... but let me remind you of something... my doctor told me that not eating enough worked against you just like eating too much... you need a good three meals a day ! And do your walking..I can tell a big difference when I walked as to compared to when I don't walk. Take care.. keep up the good work!
Sissy N
on 5/20/04 7:06 am - Hesperia, CA
Thanks Greg, I guess I need to start eating 3 meals a day and walking more. My energy levels are improving so I guess I need to step it up a notch. Thanks again
Roger C.
on 5/20/04 6:42 am - Cleveland, OH
Hi Sissy, First of all congrats on the weight loss....I know how you feel...sometimes I feel the same way...I am 4 weeks out today...I had Open RNY on 4-22-04 and I have lost 35 lbs so far...which I lost mostly during the first 2 1/2 weeks....the last week or so it has slowed down a little. Your weight loss will slow from time to time for your body to catch up with itself....Just make sure you keep up with your protein intake and make sure you keep up with your water intake and the weight will start coming off again. Are you doing any type of exercising???? Once I started to feel my energy coming back, I started walking......even if it is only 15 minutes at a time. Now I walk about 30 minutes a day....whether its just around the block or I might go to the local mall. Look at it this way....in 5 short weeks you have lost 33 lbs......most people can't say they have done that....it is a GREAT accomplishment....Keep up what you are doing and the weight will start coming off again. Good luck. Take care, Roger Open RNY 4-22-04 469/434/????
Sissy N
on 5/20/04 7:09 am - Hesperia, CA
Hi Roger Thanks for the encouragement and congrats to you I need to increase my exercise to 30 minutes per day instead of 15-20 minutes every other day. Thanks again
MrsTia
on 5/21/04 4:46 am - BALTIMORE, MD
SISSY I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. I HAD SURGERY 4-14-04 AND MY FIRST DOCTORS VISIT I LOST 23 POUNDS. BUT WHEN I WENT BACK TWO WEEKS LATER I HADN'T LOST ANYTHING! I FELT SO BAD. I LOST BODY MASS OR SOMETHING BUT NO POUNDS. BUT I WAS NOT EATING RIGHT. SO LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES. EAT AND EAT AND DRINK TOO! TAKE CARE OF U
Larakatya
on 5/21/04 5:55 am - Twin Cities, MN
When this happens, start checking your measurements. The body gets scared when it loses so fast that it will take "breaks" to catch up. Every time my body does this, I notice my skin tightning up, I start dropping pants sizes, etc. Don't weigh yourself every week if it's causing you this much stress. Do it once a month. Because Honey, you're gonna lose, it's more than a notion! Best of luck to you Sissy, ~Lara Lap RNY 4/1/04 400/313(45 preop-42 postop)/Goal of 260
Jan K.
on 5/24/04 1:42 pm - Aurora, OH
I had my surgery on 4/14..I'm 5 1/2 weeks out and down 34 lbs. I lost a pound a day for the first 30 days, and then it just stopped. I HATE all protein shakes and it takes me nearly 1 1/2 hours to choke one down, that includes the "fruity" ones. I drink my water and walk 45 minutes a day, and eat a yougurt and a salad a day, because i'm just not hungry..And I'm addicted to weighing myself daily! So that's where I'm at and I hope our scales start downward again soon! Good luck to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views