Incision area pain

petel
on 5/19/04 11:07 am - San Diego, CA
Hi All, I am 5 weeks post op and all is going well. The only problem I am having is I am experiencing very sharp pain right along and below one of my incision sights. It happens when I am bending or twisting a certain way. I called my nurse and she said it is ok as long as there is no bleeding and it doesn't get worse. Has anyone else experineced this? Thanks Pete
Katie D.
on 5/20/04 7:02 am - Luxemburg, WI
I did right at four weeks and it lasted a good week to the point it would wake me up at night but then all of the sudden stopped (WHO KNOWS) (6 weeks out and down 36 lbs) K
Carol H.
on 5/20/04 2:47 pm - Turlock, CA
Hi Pete, I too am 5 wks p.o. (4/13) and have had similar experience with the incision area. My pcp checked it and said it looks good and to watch for redness or swelling, etc. It hurt for about 4 days straight and now it is only when I move certain ways soooooo.....maybe it is more common than we think. I would love to hear if anyone else knows more about the reason. I see my surgeon next week and plan to ask him then so if I find out more I will post after that visit. Congratulations on your wl....keep it up! Carol (RNY 4/13,,,,-39 lbs)
sloane
on 5/21/04 8:39 am - New Albany, OH
Pete, I had the same pain but it was at about 3-4 weeks out. My surgeon said that it was a muscle close to the incision point. Since I was moving more at the point (than I had been) the muscle was getting a little work out and tired. Hope this helps. I had Lap RNY same day as you. Tandi
Shelly P.
on 5/23/04 3:22 am - dayton, OH
Hello, I am 3 weeks out and it is painful to touch the incision or right around the incision. My surgeon states that everything looks great, just don't try doing any sit ups yet. Oh well, they say this too shall pass. Hang in there 3 weeks out -> 30 lbs down surgery date 30 april
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views