A Word Of Encouragement!

Rugman
on 5/18/04 10:50 pm - Lumberton, NC
Hi, I had my RNY Lap on Tuesday, April 27; only three weeks ago. I dieted pretty good about 5 weeks prior to surgery. I was in the hospital until Friday, April 30. When I went home and quit taking the pain meds I had a miraculous recovery. By Monday, I had walked one mile. I went back to work the following week. I don't know for sure how much weight I have lost. As of one week after surgery, I was down 54 lbs. from the time I started dieting. I do know that two months ago I wore a size 62 pants. Monday, I played golf in size 52 jean shorts which are equivalent to about a regular 54. I was wearing a 5x pull over but Monday I wore a 3x which fit very comfortably. I give credit first of all to my Heavenly Father and to the ability he has given my Doctor. I hope by Christmas to break into a new area of sizes.. like in the low 40's. I am able to get all my water in, walk 45 mins daily, and getting most of my 60g of protein. If I can help with anyone or encourage you.. feel free to write. God bless you!
Shelli_LessBelly
on 5/19/04 3:12 am - Creve Coeur, MO
Congrats Greg!!!!! You are doing SO good! Wow! Out playing golf already! And already wearing smaller clothes! You are truly inspirational! Shelli
Rachelq
on 5/19/04 3:14 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Greg, Thanks for sharing your tremendous success story. Its only going to get better from here! I too had lap rny on 4/27. I haven't needed pain meds since day three. I'm not up to your lenght of walks...but I'm getting there and know I will. Thanks for the encouragement! Rachel
frea2bea
on 5/19/04 9:17 am - COlorado Springs, CO
Congratulations Greg. What a great job you've done! My surgery was one day prior to yours. I go back to work the 6th of June. Actually, looking forward to returning. Keep us updated. This is truely inspirational! Thankyou for posting!
Bernadette A.
on 5/19/04 9:23 pm - Savage, MN
Fantastic!!!! I am so happy for you that your experience has been a good one. My surgery was on April 19th, and my experience has also been so much better than I could have anticipated. May I ask how you are getting in 60 grams of protein? Keep up the good work. Bernadette In Minnesota -38
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views