A little stressed and missing food...LOL

Neen L.
on 5/18/04 1:47 pm - Arlington, VA
Hi all I had my surgery on April 28 and I went back to work on May 10. I work two jobs, one is retail and the other is an internship at Pittsburgh AIDS Task force in their development department. I know that my body is still recuperating from surgery, but boy do I get discouraged at how tired I get. I have some problems "mourning food" so to speak. I guess that's because I am still in the pureed/soft food stage. Anyway, I am just having a rough week. If anyone has anything that they ate during the soft food stage that they liked a lot, please post a reply. Other than that, all is well Take care Love *Christina* -26
frea2bea
on 5/18/04 2:10 pm - COlorado Springs, CO
Hi CHristina! I had my surgety 4/26/04. Good for you going back to work already. I'll be off til the 6th of June. I miss food, too. I love to continue to prepare my family's meals. My hubbie says I've cooked some great meals since surgery. I hear some people talk about sensitvity to smell. Not here. I'm glad I can continue to smell, since I cannot partake. I, too get discouraged by my physical limitations, and daily up & down in energy levels. Let's keep on truck'in. You're doing GREAT!
Josie C.
on 5/18/04 2:52 pm - High Desert, CA
I am not sure I miss food, but the sensation of biting something crisp...something with some substance. This liquid diet is for the birds. I started back to work this week. Fortunately for me I have a very understanding employer and since he is happy just to see me in the office I only work a few hours each day...building up to the 8. I didn't have to go back to work...I was just bored. When I get to pureed/soft food stage I am looking forward to either some Wor Won Ton Soup or Egg Flower Soup...I love chinese food. I also copied the below recipe from the boards that I have been saving for my pureed stage...it sounds yummy: Creamy Curried Chicken Salad Makes 4 servings ¾ cup each 2 packages Louis Rich Grilled Chicken Breast Strips ¼ cup Kraft Real Mayonnaise ¼ cup green onion slices 2 tbsp. raisins 2 tbsp. Planter's sliced almonds 1 tsp. curry powder Put all ingredients into food processor and pulse until well blended. Put in a covered dish in the refrigerator and chill 2 to 3 hours or overnight. Serve on crackers or in lettuce cups. Hope this helps,
DianneW
on 5/18/04 4:22 pm - Louisville, KY
I'm amazed your back at work already. I went back for 4 hours after a month and then missed a day and will try again tomorrow. I ate pureed lean cuiseens. My favorites were Cheese Ravioli with parm. cheese. I also ate a lot of turkey chili with no beans pureed with melted cheeder and soup crackers, which would disolve before I ate them. I'm still drinking two protien drinks per day so make sure you get that in. Hang in there. Dianne
Jerry B.
on 5/19/04 12:32 am - Huntsville, AL
Christina, I had surgery 04/14/04 lost 43 pounds so far! I was like you and really missed food the first three weeks. It passed and now at five weeks out I have to remind myself to eat and drink my water. I am sure everything will go well for the new you.
Rachelq
on 5/19/04 3:17 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi! i'm doing pureed right now too. I like egg flower and miso soup (were allow soft tofu) and I also like cottage cheese with no surgar added applesauce (cinnimon and a little splenda to make it extra sweet). My big no no treat right now is mashed potatoes, but I've only allowed them once. It was gooood. Rachel
belovedwun
on 5/19/04 5:35 am - Roosevelt, NY
Hi Christina I am very bad, I like you had missed foods I was doing the puree thing for a while and got tired of it so I tried regular foods I just made sure I chewed it up well to the consistency of pureed I have tried toast with butter , egg salad with crackers, spaghetti meat sauce, every thing stayed down and I felt fine. I just got sick of purees I haven't really been doing my protein drinks I try to get in a lot of water because of dehydration, I'll do protein drinks all on day and the next I'll do water protein drinks make me very thirsty. I see the nutritionist on Friday and which I will tell her all that I have been doing I really don't want to but I will. Sharon
Felicia F.
on 5/20/04 8:10 am - chicago, IL
Hi Sharon Please get those protein drinks down you don't want to start losing your hair or nails.
Kathy B.
on 5/24/04 7:55 am - Lodi, CA
I am 7 weeks post op and have not been eating much of anything at all. When I read this, I ran into the kitchen and downed some sf instant pudding with protein powder in it. As I write, it is rumbling around in my stomach. curious if it is coming up? Going in to shoot out? or staying with me. We shall see. thanks
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views