need help

kiddos
on 5/18/04 11:28 am - redlands, CA
Hey every body I'm three weeks post op and my insion has opened in two places. Wondering if anyone else is struggling with this. Also when ever I eat tuna or chicken,even though I puree it it feels like it is stuck in my throat. I know its not blocked I can still eat and drink. Its just a feeling like something is stuck in my throat.
~EbonyBarbie~
on 5/18/04 11:34 am - XX
Sweetie please call your doctor !!!!!ASAP !!!
kiddos
on 5/18/04 11:42 am - redlands, CA
I have talked with the dr. They have me on antibiotics so I wont get an infection. Said it had to heal on its own. they are watching it every week. About the Tuna they said to stay away from those foods awhile. Said I dont have a blockage becuase stuff goes down. Thats why looking for some emotional support I guess.
~EbonyBarbie~
on 5/18/04 12:23 pm - XX
I am here for you whenever you want to talk. Send me a private message [email protected].
frea2bea
on 5/18/04 2:15 pm - COlorado Springs, CO
Shelby, They say it may take a few tries to be sure we will tolerate some foods. In the class I took, they recommended going back to liquids if there seemed to be any problems. ****il we could be seen by, or consult with the Dr.) Keep hydrated at all costs. Keep your chin up. You're doing great...
Josie C.
on 5/18/04 2:39 pm - High Desert, CA
Hi Shelby, I agree with Denise maybe you've moved to fast for your pouch. I am not even on pureed food yet...still on liquids...(I know every Dr. is different). I start full liquids tomorrow which means I get some cream soup or thinned mashed potatoes. By the end of next week I am supposed to move to un-thinned mashed potatoes. But my Dr's rule of thumb is if I have any problem at any stage I am supposed to go back to liquids and ease my way back through the phases. I am not having any problems with my incision, but I do know someone who had surgery three days before me and hers opened just a little at the base of the incision. Basically the Dr. gave her the same advice and restricted her exercise. If you need some support, please don't hesitate to drop me a line.
kiddos
on 5/19/04 2:00 am - redlands, CA
Thanks everybody! It always feels good to read how everyone else is doing and know that this too will pass. I did go back to a smoother diet and I'm feeling better. I will try again on another day.
ruthdebra
on 5/19/04 3:36 am - Palm Springs, CA
Just wanted to let you know that we're here for you all the way!!!! Hope your incision heals quickly. And chicken and tuna may be too dry to eat right now. It might help to puree chicken in a little cream of chicken soup if you're allowed that right now. Ruth
Trisha H.
on 5/21/04 3:14 am - Jacksonville, FL
hi, I too am 3 weeks post op (surgery 4/29/04) I however had the open VBG (is anyone else out there that had this type of surgery) I also have 2 places in my incision that have opened and are not healing, I ended up in the ER on a Friday night, my doctor was out of town. They put me on 500 mg every 6 hours of an antibiotic. It's scarey to keep waiting for this to heal up and makes it harder to get out and walk due to some pain. I' m told it has to heal from the inside out now and it will take some extra time. I've lost 28 pounds so far, with my will power and god's help it will cotinue. Thanks for letting me share
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views