Help!

Mandy S.
on 5/17/04 9:03 am - Olympia, WA
I am two and half weeks out and next Saturday I will be going to the Mariners game and out to lunch!! I am on soft foods.. what should I do??! I mean.. at a restraunt so early out what type of foods would be okay.. Iam usually the ceasar salad.. person or the chicken strips and fries.. helpp...!
Rae Smiles
on 5/17/04 10:18 am - Mount Airy, MD
How about some soup....anykind will do....or the"guts" of a sub....or a cheese or cheese/chicken quesdilla or other mexican type dish.....typically the chicken is well cooked, but not crispy or hard. And the outer corn/flour shell is typically not hard, but very soft. I had trouble when I first started going out...I kept looking at what I used to eat and having trouble....so I convinced myself that I would read the ENTIRE menu before I made my choice...I find it very helpful. Good luck...and most important, enjoy!! RAE
Kellrad
on 5/17/04 10:44 am - El Cajon, CA
Wow you are like the 80th person who is going to a Mariners game from this site. I've read of so many others. Have a great time! I wish I was going! Anyway, check the menu thouroghly. You might think about a baked potato. I would steer clear of meat at such an early stage. Be easy on your new pouch! It hasn't healed inside yet. I skipped mothers day dinner cause of this. You can bring snacks into the game but if you are having lunch ahead of time, you probably won't need it. Have a great time! kellie
nancyhrich
on 5/17/04 10:44 am - Chicago, IL
Hi Mandy! The first time I went out to eat, being on soft foods myself, I ordered a "side" of mashed potatoes. They were good!! Rae had some good suggestions. To them, I would add the topping off of pizza. And since you like chicken strips, get them! Just pull off ALL the skin ... i know i know ... that's the best part (or at least it USED to be!!) ... Anyway, good luck to you!! Nancy RNY 4/12/04 -44
Maureen C.
on 5/17/04 1:18 pm - MO
At only 3 weeks post op,I wouldstick with soups or mashedpotatoes. you won't draw any attention to yourself with soup. My very first "meal" was at a business lunch with several people from my company who did not know I had surgery, I had soup and no one thought anything of it. Maureen RNY 4/26/04 -25
Lois N.
on 5/17/04 9:09 pm - Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Hi Mandy...I have been out three times since my surgery April 1st and I called the restaurant in advance to make sure they had something I could eat...most places do have grilled chicken and cooked veggies...are you allowed these items yet? If not soup is always a good option. Lois
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views