back to work!

Classy M.
on 5/17/04 4:55 am - inglewood, CA
i'm also a 4/20/04er. i've lost 17lbs. i'm back to work for my first day. post-op have been pretty much uneventful up to this point. the only problems that i've had so far is once one of my stitches started bleeding (not much), my postassium has been low which now i'm tring to focus on high potassium foods, and i can't really stand my protein shakes yuck! i've had some high protein juices too, which was good at one time and now their yuck too. i had my first encounter with something being stuck about a week or so ago, when my dr. said i could eat meat, i ate some turkey, omg what a bad thing to do. it was stuck the whole day and the next morning it finally came out. i was totally miserable. but now i feel just fine i'm totally closed up and back to work. i just have to wear my binder for about six more weeks and at that point i should be cleared to exercise. however i feel that i can't walk a mile right now at a steady pace, no power walking yet, but at a steady nice pace, but the dr. said two more months.
MrsTia
on 5/17/04 5:08 am - BALTIMORE, MD
GOOD FOR YOU. I HAD MY SURGERY APRIL 14 AND WENT BACK TO WORK MAY 3. I COULDN'T STAY IN THE HOUSE ONE MORE DAY. I WANTED FOR SO BAD I KNOW I NEEDED TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE.
MrsTia
on 5/17/04 5:27 am - BALTIMORE, MD
SORRY ABOUT THE MISSPELLED WORDS. I AM AT WORK TRYING TO DO TWO THINGS AT THE SAME TIME. I WANTED FOOD SO BAD THAT I NEEDED TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!
DianneW
on 5/17/04 1:43 pm - Louisville, KY
I had surgery 4/15/04 (with complications) blood clots in lungs (2 weeks in hosp.) and went back to work for 4 hours today. I was exhausted. I have trouble walking through the grocery store and haven't tried to exercise. My stamina is incredible low. I think I'll ask them to check my potasium. I'm taking all my vitimins, protien drinks and eating. I had some yummy beef stroganoff with ground beef that was great (ground beef is a lot easier to eat than other types of meat, especially in a casserole. My doctor suggested I start with things like this.) Dianne
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views