protein shakes... YUK!!!!

Leslie M.
on 5/17/04 12:28 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 04/05/04 with
I am having a problem keeping protein shakes down, more to the point when I think about what was going to happen after drinking them I don't even want to drink them at all.... Does anyone know if there is some kind of supplement that can be taken instead of the protein shakes or bars???? any help you can give is greatly appreciated. Leslie
rstauz
on 5/17/04 12:32 am - Milwaukee, WI
We just posted at the same time. Check out my post, right above yours. Go to: http://allstarhealth.com/detaildisplay.asp?prodid=2460 for a new option.
Lois N.
on 5/17/04 1:27 am - Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Have you tried the unflavored protein supplement that you sprinkle on your food? Lois
cherub32169
on 5/17/04 4:21 am - Baltimore, MD
Lois, could you tell me the name of the supplement and where you get it? Thanks!! -Sandra
Rachelq
on 5/17/04 1:47 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Isopur is a clear liquid protien drink that just about everyone I talk to tolerates well. I also use flavorless protien to add to my soups, cream of wheat, etc. Good luck Rachel
Classy M.
on 5/17/04 4:31 am - inglewood, CA
Leslie i know what you mean i can't stand the protein shakes either, but so far i 've only bought one flavor maybe i should try some other flavors. just the thought of it makes me want to barf. i know isopure has a variety pack i think i'm going to get that from gnc. i've been getting alot of my protein in thru meats for the last two weeks when my dr. told me i can have meat. i had one bad experience so far and i try not to do that again some meats like turkey and tuna has to go in the blender. before that i did some shakes and some baby food meats just added some salt and pepper and it was good but now the thought of the baby food kinda' grosses me out. but my protein levels are good, i'm having problems with my postassium now so i have to concentrate on those foods now.
Josie C.
on 5/17/04 12:16 pm - High Desert, CA
I've just picked up some Amino Acid Protein Supplement from my health food store. It is Cherry flavored (also comes in orange) and 2 tbsp has 15g of protein. I figure I can add it to my bottle water as an extra help to ensure I get all my protein in.
glasscity mom
on 5/18/04 10:10 pm - Waterville, OH
Hi Leslie, I was in the same place you are just a few weeks ago. Some one on here gave me this website www.bariatriceating.com. At this site they have a variety of protein powders. The best thing is that you can order samples and try them before you buy a big jug. My favorite is Proplete the vanilla pineapple flavor. Good luck.
Trisha H.
on 5/21/04 3:18 am - Jacksonville, FL
Leslie, Did Dr Shariat do your surgery? When did he discuss the protien shakes with you? He has not mentioned them to me and I am 3 weeks post op What kind of foods are you eating at 3-4 weeks ?
E. L
on 5/30/04 1:59 am
Don't feel bad I hated my protein shakes too. The made me But the one that I am taking now -I love. Myoplex is tasty and it has 25grams of protein and also whey isolate. Got it at Gnc. Good luck Eunice
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views