post op pain

Greg H.
on 5/16/04 1:42 pm - Catasauqua, PA
Hi all, I Breezed through Lap RNY on 4/20/04. I was off all pain meds by noon the next day and home the morning of the third day. I'm now nearly 4 weeks out (down 40# and able to eat and drink without discomfort) and feeling great except for some minor discomfort from time to time on my left side. The doc said to notify him of a constant pain (Side sticker like) ... which I dont have. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks, Greg
Rugman
on 5/16/04 9:18 pm - Lumberton, NC
Hey Greg.. this is Greg... LOL... I had RNY Lap on 04/27.. we had similar experiences.. I also have the pain from time to time on the left side.. My doctor said I would have it for about 6 weeks... from time to time... and it is where the drain tube was in me...and it is were maybe the tube left some kind of scar tissue or maybe even touched a nerve somewhat.. should go away eventually... If it is consistant.. see the doctor.. Glad things are well for you .. God bless!
Leslie M.
on 5/17/04 12:17 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 04/05/04 with
Hello... I too experienced paid on the left side... but mine continued up to my shoulder... My date was on 4/5/04, I had the pain for about 5 weeks and then they were gone. There is nothing to worry about unless the paid spreads to your heart... just take it easy and not rush things... I found that walking when I had the pain made it go away... give that a try... Leslie
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views