Back to work

DianneW
on 5/16/04 11:48 am - Louisville, KY
Well I had surgery on 4/15/04 and I'm down to 297 (from 340) woo hoo. I'm going to try and go back to work at least part time tomorrow. I'm really tired still so I doubt I can work a whole 8 hours. I'm out of sick time though so I need to go back. The surgery and then having blood clots has been a lot harder then I expected it to be and I had a lot more pain than I expected. The pain isn't to bad now until the end of the day when I get pretty tired. I'm happy with the weight loss. I had beef stroganoff with hamburger tonight, it was great. Everything I've eaten has been fine. I hope everyone else is doing good. Dianne
Larakatya
on 5/17/04 1:03 am - Twin Cities, MN
Hey Dianne, Excellent LOSS! I had my surgery 4/1 and have been working half time for the past 3 weeks. Today is my first full day back. Take care of yourself, and be really honest with yourself about your limits. It is NOT worth pushing it. =) My best to you, ~Lara
Rachelq
on 5/17/04 1:50 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Dianne, Just wanted to wish you luck on your first day back to work. I'm really fortunate that we get disability pay in California...its about 75% of my regular pay...so I'm taking six weeks off! Congratulations on your tremendous weightloss! Rachel
sloane
on 5/17/04 5:44 am - New Albany, OH
Dianne, I'm thinking of you today, b/c I had surgery on the same day 4/15 (down 25#s) and I go back to work tomorrow! Good luck.
DianneW
on 5/17/04 1:39 pm - Louisville, KY
Thanks for all the support. I was really tired today. I only worked 4 hours and then came home and took a 2 hour nap. I'm setting very firm limits on what I will and will not do. Dianne
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views