Extreme Makeover.. it's tough!! Anyone else with muli proceedures?

Robin O.
on 5/14/04 4:27 pm - FL
Hello all, I'm from the 4/19 bunch and down 35 pounds today, but boy it has been tough. About a week after surgery I started having some major dental problems, so had to step up plans for dental implants. Had 4 teeth pulled and five implants done on 5/08. Was told it would be a breeze, but don't you believe it! Between mouth pain and upset stomach from antibiotics (not to mention the regular healing process from RNY) was back to all liquid diet and feeling miserable! I have been trying to be cheerful and calling this my home version of Extreme Makeover, but I now I really have sympathy for those ladies. In the future, one proceedure at the time for me. This round was 3/30 Gallbladder removal, 4/19 Lap RNY and 5/08 tooth removal and dental impants. I'm beginning to think that when my excess weight is all gone that I will just get tummy suspenders instead of more surgery! LOL Anyone else with multi proceedures? I could use encouragement and someone else to compare this too. Thanks!
Rugman
on 5/14/04 10:23 pm - Lumberton, NC
Down here in the South, we call that... "Rode Hard And Put Up Wet".... Wow! Hope life gets easier for you! Keep your chin up.. and press on!!
frea2bea
on 5/15/04 11:00 am - COlorado Springs, CO
Bless you Robin. So sorry you've had to go the tough road. I've not had undue suffering... Will pray for you, though! :praying:
Robin O.
on 5/15/04 4:20 pm - FL
Thanks to both of you, I can sure use the prayers. Doing some better and down 37 pounds but still a while away from having the energy I need to go back to work full time.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views