Endoscopy scheduled...

Ayleneb
on 5/12/04 11:26 am - Jacksonville, FL
I went for my one month checkup today. Preop weight was 277.8, now 241. A little too much according to my doctor but not too surprising considering that I can't eat anything anymore and can drink very little. My blood pressure is very low (98/63) from a normal 130/80, again due to dehydration. I'm actually looking forward to having the endoscopy and dilatation, just looking forward to being able to eat a little something. The main thing that I'm looking for is some energy! Here's hoping that the next month brings some good healing and more energy! Aylene 277/241/150 lap RNY 4/13/04
Angela B.
on 5/12/04 1:47 pm - Salt Lake City, UT
Good luck Aylene~ I hope you are feeling better soon. It does sound like you have had a hard time but congrats on the weight loss! Angela
frea2bea
on 5/12/04 4:15 pm - COlorado Springs, CO
From what I hear, the dilitations really make a difference in how you feel. I have a friend who has needed it done 4X's. It was estimated that it would need to be done X3, but she feels so much better afterward, that she doesn't really mind. Hope you are feeling energetic, and better soon!
Betty E.
on 5/13/04 12:03 pm - MD
how can you tell when you need an endoscopy/dilation?..How do you really know you have a stricture and when to talk to your Dr about it?..I have had problems the last week keeping foods such as turkey and chicken down, keep throwing them up Betty
BETCHA
on 5/14/04 1:42 am - Abington, PA
I had my surgery the same day as you did, and it seems like I'm able to eat less now than I did 2 weeks ago. Chicken, tuna and eggs make me vomit if I eat more than 1/2 oz. I'm having a hard time getting in more than about 40-45 g. protein/day, and sometimes (like yesterday) I can't even get that much. Seems like protein drinks are the only way I can even get close to my protein requirements (55-70 g./day). But I can only eat about 1 oz. of food or I feel like I'll vomit. I wonder if I am developing a stricture. Liquids are fine, as long as I go slowly.
Ayleneb
on 5/14/04 1:32 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Well, I have been struggling with my eating for about two weeks and called last week to ask about dilatation but then was able to eat a little and backed out of the appointment. This week it got so bad that even two bites of scrambled egg made me feel sick with that painful overfull feeling in your esophagus/chest. When I vomited some thin mashed potatoes that night I was decided that I needed to do something. By the time I had my endoscopy today I was quite dehydrated, had a UTI and was very glad to be getting some help! If the only foods that you are having problems with are meats then I wouldn't think that would indicate a need for dilatation. Try some other foods and as always chew slowly and don't rush your eating. Good luck, Aylene 277.8/241/150 lap RNY 4/13/04
Happy Girl
on 5/14/04 2:28 pm - New Braunfels, TX
Hi Aylene, I am sorry that you are having to go through this too. The endoscopy is a breeze! You don't even feel like you had one. I had my surgery on April 20th and at 2wks post op I noticed that I was having a hard time with liquids (even my saliva). I had a stricture, my esophogas was completely closed. I have had 3 dilatations and am due for my 4th one on the 26th. I am still on liquids I would love to eat something. Hopefully this will be the last one and then I will be on my way! Priscilla
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views