Confused

Brendielee
on 5/12/04 4:26 am - Groton, MA
I'm almost 2 weeks (surgery 4/29) and I'm only down 10 lbs. Am I doing something wrong? I drink my protein, only drink water, eat either broth or creamed soups. Walk when I can. Not sure what's happening.
irisheyes
on 5/12/04 5:16 am - Harmony, MN
sounds like you're doing well to me....When was the last time you lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks? Katie
Kim T.
on 5/12/04 7:15 am - Dracut, MA
everything looks right to me.. but i will tell you the first few weeks i lost in spurts.. the scale wouldnt budge, then one day i'd step on and 5 lbs gone!! then again nothing.. 2 weeks later anotehr 5.. i think it also makes a difference how much yo-yo dieting you did.. personally i'm guilty of that so i think my body will try to hold onto the weight for as long as possible.. eventually it's got to go tho!!! i feel your frustration tho!! ~Kim
Maureen C.
on 5/12/04 12:59 pm - MO
At my 10 day post op visit, I had only lost 12 lbs. (surg 4/26) within the next 5 days, that incresedto 20 lb loss. I have noticed that I lose weight only every other day or so. Also, you menstrual cycle may affect you weight loss. I am PMS now and don't expect any weight losss for the next several days.
Rachelq
on 5/14/04 8:58 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Brenda, A lot of us suffer from edema pre-surgery. I lost a lot in the first week because I purged all of my water. It also really depends on how much you have to lose. You tend to lose more slowly the less you have to lose. Then I also read a study that said apple shapes will lose faster than pear shapes. The great news is that we will lose! Take care, Rachel
Laurel04
on 5/14/04 10:59 am - MA
Hi Brenda, I was all over the place the first couple weeks, ups and downs. I wouldn't worry, your body is still adjusted to major surgery. Sounds like you're doing great Laurel
Karen B.
on 5/17/04 5:57 am - Huber Heights, OH
I hope I can help you with this problem,When I came home from the hospital,my surgery was 4-30-2004,I thought as long as I followed every guideline,the weight would fall off.Now at almost 3 weeks,I know I have to maintain the fluid intake and get my walking in.Everyone's metabolism is different.You hang in there.Believe in yourself for you've already shown amazing courage.Take care and stay well
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views