NOT LOSING FAST ENUFF!

Angela R.
on 5/11/04 9:06 am - Baltimore, MD
Hi, My surgery was 4/2/04, I am about 5 1/2 weeks out, and have only lost 30lbs! How come everyone else is losing more and faster? I also walk and drink alot, and stay away from breads, carbs, etc. I try to force protein down.... Im at a loss.....How can I jump start this weight loss? What are all you losers doing that Im not getting? I want to be a loser too! Thanks for any input! God Bless...angel
Dodie R.
on 5/11/04 9:10 am - North Little Rock, AR
Hi Angela Getting that protein down is very important from what I hear, also the liquids. I'll bet you are losing inches!!! Hang in there. God bless Dodie
Janice H.
on 5/11/04 10:05 am - dewey, az
You ARE a Loser. 30 pounds in 5 1/2 weeks is nothing to sneeze at.
Kim T.
on 5/11/04 10:51 am - Dracut, MA
I'm right beside you, my surgery was 4/7 and i'm also down 30.. havent lost in 2 weeks, but i'm ok with it.. the scale WILL move... I sort of think that because i yo-yo dieted so many times that my body just has to get used to this.. try not to get discouraged, and not to compare, it's difficult but when have you ever lost 30 lbs in a month??? thats nothing to overlook!!! Lots of luck! ~Kim
ElvisGreaserGirl
on 5/11/04 11:50 am - Los Angeles, CA
37 days and 30 pounds.. and your not losing fast enough!! Your doing super great and maybe you need to adjust expectations.. seriously.. what diet can you lose almost a pound a day??? thats alot of weight... Congrats to you and I hope you see your accomplishments... we do..
Larakatya
on 5/11/04 12:06 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Hey Angela, I am one day ahead of you, and only 5 lbs ahead in post-op weight loss. What will help most is to TAKE A CHILLY CHILL PILL! When have we ever in our lives lost 30 #s in a single month? Your journey is going to be your journey, no one else can compare to yours with any kind of accuracy. You are doing GREAT! If you can get your protein, and water in then you have NOTHING to worry about. Remember, your body will periodically take breaks from losing. When that happens what I do to get through it is take a spin in my old clothes - for example a dress I had made for a wedding I was in before I lost an ounce. Man alive, seeing that progress helps me keep things in perspective. The other thing to remember is when we are not losing weight, the inches tend to be falling off at that time (my body doesn't seen to like losing weight at the same time as losing inches.) Measure yourself, and let every centimeter count! Have you started your walking regimine yet? Best of luck, ~Lara Lap RNY 4/1/04 400/320/Goal of 260
irisheyes
on 5/11/04 9:51 pm - Harmony, MN
UM,when was the last thime you lost 30lbs in 5 1/2 weeks? just wondering. katie
star .
on 5/12/04 1:39 am - OK
Who is "EVERYONE" are you comparing yourself toooo????? Your about the THIRD post IVE read today stating they have only "lost" such and such and WHY... I hope alot of PRE OPS are reading the message board... because NO WHERE in your pre op research did you read you will loose a guantee such and such pounds. Everyone is different, everyone starts at different weights, different heights, have different bodies, different surgeries... you will ALL loose at different RATES!!!. The best thing you can do for yourself right now is THROW away your home scale. then follow your doctors plan... you will looose. 5 1/2 weeks, hmm I have NO idea what i lost at 5 1/2 weeks. I know at 4 weeks its was less than 27 and you know what??? I lost 150 in 9 months. I cant tell you if I had a plateau .. why? cause the only time I weighed was at my surgeons office. I only 'lost' 6 once.. thought that sucked, but since surgery is a one way street.. with no turning back.. I just keep on until I got to the end of the road. So please .... be KIND to yourself, stop comparing yourself to others, follow your plan, throw away the scale and you'll feel much better...and I'll bet you post back in 9 months and you'll have lost quite a bit...
Kare B.
on 5/12/04 3:53 am - Baltimore, MD
Angela, Angela, Angela, I see you are STILL beating your self up over your loss. I told you the same things that these people have told you! Especially the last post! I guess you need to "Let Go and Let GOD" Hugs, Karen
Jeanie N.
on 5/12/04 6:48 am - NY
Hey missy im on the same boat with you. Its actually been almost a month for me and i only lost 14 lousy lbs, watta ya think about that, all i can say is, Patience is a virtue. It'll come off, its only a matter of time. At least thats what i tell myself!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views