Sorry to whine

glasscity mom
on 5/10/04 10:05 pm - Waterville, OH
Hi all, I am feeling very depressed today. Today is 4 weeks and I am depressed and sad. I am eating regular foods this week. But my weight is not coming off. I know I have to be patient but I am not loosing. I am down 21 lbs. I put the scale away for 2 weeks. I thought when I weighed in today I would feel better. Not so. The eating is hard, no going out to dinner or eating my favorite foods and then no weight lose. Again I am sorry to whine. Please let this pass quickly.
Rugman
on 5/10/04 10:17 pm - Lumberton, NC
Hey Debbie, the advice I can give to you only is what my doctor gave to me... drink your water ( sip sip sip... 64oz. .. get your protein in.. 50-60 grams a day... and walk briskly 45 minutes a day )... Hang in there!
Janice H.
on 5/10/04 11:49 pm - dewey, az
Debbie--When was the last time you lost 21 lbs. in 4 weeks? We all lose at different rates. I am 2 weeks post-op today and will be weighing myself after my walk. I feel that I will be a slow loser, but that is OK. As long as both of us are doing all the right things--enough water and protein and walking--our weight will go down. You need to focus on the fact that you are getting healthier every day rather than the numbers on the scale. Keep up the good work--you ARE doing great!
Rae Smiles
on 5/11/04 1:20 am - Mount Airy, MD
Hi, personally, I don't think I will EVER loose at the rate I really want to...LOL.... On the eating out...why can't you? I have been out several times....eggdrop soup at the chinese restaurant, a cheese enchilada at the mexican restaurant, chicken mexican soup at Red Lobster (almost pureed texture, how lucky is that).... obviously, I can eat only a few bites, but the left-overs go home with me for later....and I usually end up splitting the leftovers with my husband. No reason NOT to go out from where I am sitting at the table.....my husband and I LOVE to go out...I just make very different choices than I used to make. RAE
Rachelq
on 5/11/04 1:25 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Don't worry about whining here. If you can't vent here where can you vent? I'm sorry you are feeling depressed, but the weight will come off...the great thing is, it has to! I'm only two weeks out, but I have seen a lot of people go through this weightloss stall in my support group. The advice is always up fluids, protien, and exercise...either way though...I've never known anyone not to get passed it and then suddenly drop a few more lbs. Hang in there..it will happen for you too! Take care, Rachel
C. W.
on 5/11/04 1:45 am - Carbondale, IL
Hey Deb, Im sorry you are having a hard time. I have only lost 27 pounds, and in the last 10 days i have only lost 1-2 pounds....But its ok. A few girls from a support group told me that I may be losing inches, and not to focus on the scale as much...and the person here that said when was the last time you lost 21 pounds in 4 weeks,,,HOW TRUE IS THAT.... I was worried that i was going to be one of those persons that didnt lose from this surgery, but the truth be known,,,every one will lose....You will be fine,, and YOU WILL LOSE too. I find that I can eat new and different things now that you never thought you would eat before, things that are healthy and different things on different menus.. Good luck my friend... Conita
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views