Hey guys! 1 month post-op!

Carrie B.
on 5/7/04 6:49 am - Atlanta, GA
Surgery April 9th, almost 1 month post-op and I'm down 33 pounds and 17.5"! Feeling great, exercise level almost back to pre-op, drinking all my milk (32 oz.) so my hair, nails, and skin have never been better and I'm just about eating normally. Really feel I made the right decision! Doing my little happy dance !!!
DianneW
on 5/8/04 3:26 pm - Louisville, KY
That's great. Did they tell you to drink that much milk. My doctor just talked about protien. should I increase my milk to? Dianne
Carrie B.
on 5/9/04 10:09 am - Atlanta, GA
Yep Dianne, my doctor and his staff stressed getting the milk in (half of liquids for the which would be 32 oz.) at least until I can take the protein. I've been on protein for about a week now and have reduced the milk by about half, but still shoot for 16 oz. a day and more if I don't see the protein is sitting well. I think the main thing is to get the protein, whether it's from milk in the beginning and others later or whatever works for you. I also included a scoop of low-carb/low-fat protein powder in the morning milk for an extra kick and Nesquik has No Sugar Added chocolat powder that is excellent. I also know that some people have said they have problems with dairy after the surgery. But I would say that if you're not getting enough protein in a day add the milk if you can stomach it. Just sip . Carrie
DEB W.
on 5/11/04 1:31 am - VIRGINIA BEACH, VA
hey Diane, I am 5 weeks out, and feel pretty good, curious what milk are you drinking. I am using the Carb countdown Milk, I personally like it alot and it has low carbs, lower sugar than reg. milk and lower fat too. deb 35.5 down
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views