April 30th ~ Surgery Date

Mandy S.
on 5/6/04 8:54 am - Olympia, WA
Hey Everyone ~ I just had my surgery on Friday and I was curious to know if anyone else has the same date as me. Right now I am having a sort of hard time with the foods. Im not hungry at all I have to force feed myself, I also am having a really really hard time sleeping and I am wondering if this is normal. Would love to hear from someone ;) Mandy
angie H.
on 5/6/04 11:05 am - concord, ca
Hi Mandy! I had my surgery on 4/30/04 as well!! RNY/LAP. I find it hard to sleep as I still cannot lay flat, have to sleep sort of sitting up...but this is improving. I also do not feel hungry and have to remind myself to get my required fluids in. Currently, I am on thin liquids for the first 2 weeks then thick liquids for another 1-2 then I can start with solids. Thin liquids are getting a little boring...already sick of chicken broth...found Crystal light to be very pleasing to the taste buds....Any questions or ideas, feel free to email [email protected]
Kellrad
on 5/6/04 12:43 pm - El Cajon, CA
Hi Mandy, I just had surgery on friday too. It was an open RNY. Not really hungry other than sometimes I see something I think I want it. So far the only thing other than liquids has been a spoonful of cottage cheese today. That was really good. I chewed well and slowly and was full after. I put like one heaping teaspoon in a small bowl and slowly ate from it and left a little. I also am having trounle with sleep. Last night was the best. I found that lots of big pillows help. My son tucks them in around me and I lie on an angle on my back with pillows holding me to one side and then the other. I watched Mrs. Doubtfire tonite and had trouble because the laughing hurts so bad! My son said no more comedies for a while. Be patient. Keep doing the fluids as they are so important. Did you try any protein supplement yet? Take care Kellie
SREvans26
on 5/7/04 12:38 am - Baytown, TX
Hi Mandy, I actually had my surgery on 4/28/04 and I am still having a hard time with foods, I just started my full liquids on 5/5, but I am already tired of them and if I eat one more bowl of chicken broth I will explode!! You really do have to force yourself to eat, but eat/drink slowly, I have been noticing that while I am drinking my protein shakes it usually takes me about 45min to an hour to finish them and I am STUFFED afterwards. I hear that it will all get better and on 6/19 (when I get to go back to regular food) I'm sure it will be!!!! Stacy
Mandy S.
on 5/8/04 4:20 pm - Olympia, WA
Hey Everyone ~ I was glad to know I wasn't the only one having issues sleeping ;) I am doing a lot better now and I've already lost 17 pounds WHOOHOO!! I've also begin doing all my vitamins and protein shakes. Goodluck everyone and keep doing what your doing ;) ~ We should all keep in touch!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views