April 26ers

Mary D.
on 5/5/04 6:22 pm - Vestavia Hills, AL
How is it going? I am losing but very very tired. I tried to go back to work today and was only able to hang in 1/2 day. At my one week post op visit I was down 11.5 lbs and as of today I'm down 16. How are my other surgery buddies doing?
LV B.
on 5/5/04 9:48 pm - auburn, AL
I had my surgery on 4/26/04 as well. As of Monday when I had my drains and staples removed, I had lost 13 pounds. I haven't weighed myself since then. I'm trying to wait until the weekend or next Monday at the lastest. I too am very tired during the day. I haven't started back to work yet. Walking makes me tired and so do most things. I know it will get better. Otherwise, things are going very well for me. Lisa
Staci J.
on 5/6/04 6:11 am - Clifton Park, NY
Hey there surgery buddies! I just got back from my post-op appointment, and I'm down 17lbs.! I feel great, and even back exercising as of Saturday, but today was my first "full fledged" 30 minute workout. Some incisional pain, but not enough to even take anything for. As for food, I'm doing three protein shakes a day for meals, and 2-3 light protein snacks. Water consumption is not bad either. Funny, this surgery DID take more out of me than I'd anticipated! Compared to my emergency c-section, it wasn't THAT bad ... but, it was BAD ENOUGH! LOL I go back to work on Monday, and can't WAIT. But, I'm sure I'll be extra tired because I've already grown accustomed to my afternoon nap! Take care, and continued success to you! Staci LapBand 4/26/04 238/221/"wherever the wind takes me"
ChangN M.
on 5/7/04 2:00 am - AL
Hey Mary! Doing great here! Down 16.5lbs! Walking, getting in water, still working hard to get in all the protein. Glad that all is well with you and congratulations on your weight loss. Kym Lap RNY 4/26/04
Maureen C.
on 5/7/04 3:38 am - MO
I had my staples removed yesterday as well as my drain. Everyone told me I would feel better once the drain came out,but that area feels just as bad. At the visit I had lost 12 lbs. I was a little dissappointed, but my physician asked when was the last time i lost 12 lbs in 10 days? Today I am down an additional 4 lbs, for a tota lof 16. I don't have the energy to exercise yet. It takes all I have to get my kids up and ready for school and keep up with laundry and dishes. I am supposed to start back to work on Monday, 1/2day to start. Good luck to all other 4/26 losers. Maureen RNY 4/26/04 264/248
Mary D.
on 5/7/04 3:46 am - Vestavia Hills, AL
I feel ya on the low energy thing. I haven't felt like exercising either. But every day seems to get better and better. Good luck to you sounds like you are right on track!
Josie C.
on 5/7/04 4:43 am - High Desert, CA
Well, I feel great...I still haven't weighed in...I get weighed on Monday. My sister has to remind me I have had major surgery (open) and try not to over do it. I even drove my car yesterday and did some light shopping. I didn't need any drains or staples (plastic surgeon closure) removed. I haven't used my pain medication after the second day home. I still can't sleep on my tummy, but am back in my own bed. I haven't had any problem with protein or liquids. I feel so good it is scary...I am sorta waiting for the other shoe to drop.
~EbonyBarbie~
on 5/7/04 10:34 am - XX
Hello surgery buddies !!!! I am down 21lbs and exercising everyday walking a mile !!! I tell you I am always weak but I keep going because I love the results. I have noticed Carnation Instant Breafast SF helps with energy a whole lot. I had my first episode of constipation tried some turkey trying to get all of my protein in. I did not hurt my pouch just keep in mind I won't do that again liqiuid colace(stool soften) tastes horrible. Post-Op 255/234/135
msdebbs
on 5/7/04 11:02 pm - Kenner, LA
I had my first post-op visit on Tuesday. I lost 14.5 pounds. I don't really feel like I did but the scale said I did. I need to increase my protein shakes to 3 a day instead of two. Some days I am very tired and could just sleep all day. I do have a case of post-op pnemonia but I have been on antibotics for that sob better now. I need to increase my walking. I hope everybody is doin well.
sloane
on 5/10/04 5:39 am - New Albany, OH
Mary, I'm not an April 25ers but an April 15ther. I can tell you that it wasn't until week 3 that I got most of my stamina back. There was a dramatic difference in week 3 with my energy. Also don't forget to take your vitamins. My surgeron took me off Flintstones and put me on a prenatal vitatamin which helps with energy too. Good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views