Protein Shakes

Brenda K.
on 5/4/04 7:02 am - Knoxville, TN
Hi everyone, My husband is taking me shopping today for some protein shakes. Any suggestions?? Hope everyone is feeling well. I've had a slow go on the recovery. Much weaker than I thought I would be. That's why the nutritionist is letting me beaf up on protein shakes. Thanks, Brenda
Jennifer H.
on 5/4/04 8:30 am - Hampton, VA
I've tried many out there and, admittedly, I am picky. The Atkins shakes are OK in a pinch, but my favorite is "Nectar", available via the internet from vitalady.com as well as other sites. She has had WLS and her prices are reasonable. There is a store in my area that also carries it called "Discount Supplements". It mixes easily and completely, very thin and watery, not "shake-like". I prefer the carribean cooler flavor- no protein aftertaste. Best of luck! Jennifer Lap RNY 4/28/04
star .
on 5/12/04 1:53 am - OK
Personally I hated them, never found one. IF I were you I would go to Walmart, to the milk section and purchase "Carbo solutions" its a lactose free milk.. comes in skim, 2% or whole, 1 cup = 12 grams of protein and alot of Cal 35% I think... higher than normal milk. Taste just great. I enjoy it 'heated' with a packet of equal in it..
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views