Why is the scale moving so slowly?

aimeexx
on 5/4/04 5:38 am - Beaumont, CA
You would think that eating only 500 calories a day would help you lose more than a pound every 3-4 days. I'm walking and drinking water. What else do I need to do??? Also...I feel like I can eat more than 3 oz. at a time. And why do I have a hard time drinking water sometimes and other times it goes right down? Help! Aimee
Pamela F.
on 5/4/04 10:43 pm - Hedgesville, WV
Hi Aimee, I had my open gastric bypass on 4/13/04. I, too, have problems with water - each time I would sip some, I would become ill - nausea, burping, having to run to the bathroom, cramping, etc. I asked the surgeon and he said this happens to some and it will pass, to drink other things like the Crystal Light tea and orange Sunrise I enjoy. I am able to sip them successfully and am up to over 40 ounces daily. I lost 24 pounds before 2 weeks out and in the past 12 days have not lost any weight. I don't understand it as I eat properly and use 3 protein shakes daily (I am getting way over the protein requirements) and taking my vitamins and iron, etc. I am walking and will begin an elliptical exercise program here very soon. I am afraid I will fail at this last weight loss option for me. I have had good success with my blood pressure and blood sugar, but not with the pounds coming off. Friends who have had it are losing 40, 50 plus pounds in a short time and trading off clothing, cutting the ends off their abdominal binder and looking like they lost weight. I don't feel like I am losing and my clothing is not any loser and my binder still fits the same and bunches up and hurts my skin. Everyone keeps saying "it will happen, give it time" but I am one of those impatient people; when others are seeing results so drastic, I want to, too. Just hang in there and I do truly believe it will happen. It is just so hard being stalled (as I am). Let me know how you do. I wish you great luck! Smiles, Pamela
Mike G.
on 5/5/04 12:06 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 04/28/04 with
I had LAP RNY on 4/28/04. I was having a hard time with water. even the smallest of sips would give me pain. I discovered if I take a mouth-full of water, and hold it off to one side of my cheek, I let little tiny bits of water slide diwn my throat, almost at a continous constant rate, I can drink all of my water, with room to spare. I think I was creating pockets of air when I sipped water. That works for me. Best of luck to you.
Angela R.
on 5/8/04 11:17 pm - Baltimore, MD
I just posted the other day, that I am 5 weeks post op and the scale hasnt moved for me in three weeks!!! I am very disappointed in myself. Turns out, that the edema I had before surgery has crept up on me again. I took my fluid pills and lost 6lbs! IT hasnt come back in two days! OH, and I prayed too! Pray that God will give you the willpower and the strength to get thru! It works for me! God Bless you! angel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views