Update: Home from 4/27 surgery!

FrancieP
on 5/3/04 8:50 am - West Des Moines, IA
Hi. I had my RNY last Tuesday, and they were able to do it lap. Yeah! Everything went fine, no problems so far. (Other than trying to get IVs in me, but that always happens....now I know about having a PIC line, which they did after surgery, but I'll request it for any future surgeries I have!) Anyway, I was in ICU until Wed evening. Those nurses in ICU are wonderful. I was released late Friday afternoon. Yesterday I got more than 70 oz of water in! I know it will get harder when I'm on soft proteins, but for now, I'm trying really hard to keep the water up, and walk, walk, walk. In fact, yesterday, I did my "walking" in my favorite dept store at the Mall. My mom and sister were going there for a few things, so I tagged along. Heck, I can walk on my street, or in the store, right? I'd sit/rest while they tried on clothes. It was good to get out. It didn't even wear me out, but then, I'm a shopper -- fat or thin! Have my barium swallow test Wed morning, so I'm hoping that I'll get this JP tube taken out on Thursday. Then, I just have the G tube to deal with. Francie P
Kim T.
on 5/5/04 12:50 pm - Dracut, MA
welcome home Francie!!! I've been walking the mall daily.. and stop for breaks to shop LOL ~Kim
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views