nauseous and quite weary!

dladams66
on 5/3/04 8:21 am - NJ
Hi all! I had my surgery on April 6th....and am down 30 lbs so far. I went back to work as a teacher after 2 weeks... I've had many great days so far and am thrilled about my weight loss....I am concerned though about my level of fatigue....my dr. just started me on B-12 shots twice a week....which started on Friday...He also found that I no longer need blood pressure meds....since my pressure dropped to 100/50 on them last week.....I thought after all of this was addressed that my energy level would increase significantly....but it really hasn't been consistent enough for me to say that......Just curious how all of you are doing with fatigue? Also, I read on someone's post that they found that they were quite nauseous before getting their period.....I am at that now....and have had terrible nausea the last couple of days.....Just wondering if any of you see this connection? Thanks and God's blessings ot you all, Dawn
Betty E.
on 5/3/04 11:16 pm - MD
Dawn, If you went back to work f/t as a teacher after only 2 weeks no wonder you are fatigued!! Teaching is enough to tire you out on a good day let alone 2 weeks after major surgery!! Not sure you gave yourself time enough to get your strength back..I am 2 1/2 weeks out and mentally I may be ready to go back but don't feel like I am physically and I have a desk job! I realize some people HAVE to return to work ASAP but your body needs time to rebuild its strength not to mention you have cut off half of the food supply you were givinig it before the surgery...give it a little more time and I'm sure your body will regain strength and then some! Take care and good luck for your continued success Betty
Rugman
on 5/4/04 5:26 am - Lumberton, NC
I agree with Betty and will add... make sure you are taking your multi vitamins..I chew two Flintstone complete vitamins completely everday and also sip water all the time between meals... and I find good energy level most of the time. God bless !
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views