one week post op yeah!

dreka K.
on 5/2/04 11:39 am - greenville, SC
Hi everyone just a little note I am one week post op as of Friday. I am having a problem with all those liquids. I can not drink that much! I am now eating mash potatoes, applesauce, and oatmeal. I really fell like walking around a track but my staples are still in any suggestions? and one more thing I have never seen so many food commercials!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Janice H.
on 5/2/04 12:33 pm - dewey, az
I'll be a week post-op on Tuesday and will have half my staples out then. When do you get yours out? I'm eating yogurt, cottage cheese, mashed potatoes and protein drinks. I got some Unjury unflavored protein powder before surgery--20 grams protein per scoop. I have been making drinks with one scoop, 6 ounces fat free milk, part of a package of Splenda, and a little vanilla. 26 grams protein per drink. I really like them and have had 2 today so I have done pretty well in the protein department. I don't know about walking around a track now. Someone more post-op than me will have to let us both know about that.
dreka K.
on 5/5/04 2:35 am - greenville, SC
My staples come out May 10! I didn't think about yogurt that is good suggestion Thanks! I go to my group session tonight I'm going to ask them about walking and I will let you know.
Maureen C.
on 5/3/04 1:18 am - MO
WOW,I'm amazed that both of you are eating. I had surgery 4/26 so I am 1week today. I don't see my doctor until Thursday and I've only been allowed clear liquids and protien shakes. I do the premixed atkins shakes. They don't taste bad especially when they are really cold. But I also have a hard time getting in all the fluids. I'm only allowed 4-6 oz per hour and I'm supposed to drink 64 oz/day. My kids had mashed potatoes last night and I wanted to just dive headfirst into the bowl. If you feel up to walking on a track,go for it.You might just want to cover the staples with a dressing so they don't rub against your clothing as you move.
Dianne J.
on 5/11/04 8:09 am - Somewhere near the 10 freeway, CA
Hi Dreka: You could probably walk, but check with your doctor first. I am two weeks post op myself. My doctor puts us on clear liquids for 30 days. Yea, there are lots of food commercials, but I noticed that I can SMELL all the food that others are eating. My sense of smell got really strong after surgery.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views