got home today

Janice H.
on 5/1/04 11:54 am - dewey, az
I had surgery on the 27th and got home today. I had surgery in Mexico with a wonderful surgeon--I was self pay so I had to find a good surgeon that was affordable. So south of the border I went. I haven't weighed myself yet. I think I'll wait till later in the week because I know I am still retaining some of the IV fluids. Today was the first day I could eat. I had some low carb yogurt and a little mashed potatoes. Am going to have a protein shake now. It's encouraging reading how well everyone is doing.
Rae Smiles
on 5/1/04 12:55 pm - Mount Airy, MD
Hi Janice, welcome to the losing side. Congrats on finding a way to make it happen for you. My surgery was on April 19th, and I am doing great...give it another week and you will probably being feeling great!! Congrats on a successful surgery. RAE
esha01
on 5/2/04 1:48 pm - Cleveland, OH
A friend of mine will also have to self pay for WLS. Can you please give me information on the doctor you went to in Mexico to have your WLS? Hope you have a safe and speedy recovery.
Janice H.
on 5/2/04 2:28 pm - dewey, az
I went Dr. Allejandro Aguirre Wallace (although the Wallace is usually left off) in Ensenada. He has a patient forum here so you can look at that and read the profiles of a lot of people that have been to him. He is an excellent surgeon and does about 2 to 3 RNY surgeries a week. Has been doing bariatric surgery since about 1988 I think. I couldn't recommend a better surgeon, self pay or not. Good luck to your friend.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views