Hot Dogs made me sick!

Kelly_J
on 5/1/04 10:45 am - NY
I was put on the minced ground part of my diet yesterday and I had some hamburger and a bite of a hot dog and boy was I in pain for the rest of the night, do hot dogs have bread or something in them? I felt so full and sick but I didn't throw up because I was afraid to. This is the first intolerance I have had, anyone else unable to handle certain meats? I did not like that feeling and I won't be trying hamburger or hot dogs for awhile! Kelly -30lbs
Janice H.
on 5/1/04 11:56 am - dewey, az
Before surgery hotdogs didn't agree with me too well so I would hesitate to try them now. I know there are a lot of fillers in them so maybe that is what made you so sick.
Betty E.
on 5/2/04 1:12 am - MD
I don't know about bread, but hot dogs do have alot of fat in them unless you are eating one of those fat free ones...maybe you didn't chew it enough or ate it too fast..that seems to be the only time I have trouble with meats Betty
DEB W.
on 5/3/04 12:21 am - VIRGINIA BEACH, VA
Hi, I am not sure what your dr.'s and nutrionalists guidlines but I am not allow red meat at all. It is very difficult for alot of people to digest. As for hot dogs, the skins alone would be very difficult to digest and as far as nutrional value..there is none in a hot dog..fat free or otherwise. Be care and baby that new "tummy". I eat only chicken, fish and turkey. NO red meat..I am afraid to do it. hope this helps. deb
Maureen C.
on 5/3/04 1:23 am - MO
My dietician told me no red meat AT ALL for 6 months. We are allowed poultry and seafood after four weeks. They said red meat is very difficult to digest and frequently makes people sick.
Larakatya
on 5/11/04 12:22 pm - Twin Cities, MN
I ate a bite of a Hebrew National all beef dog, (very non-greasy) and felt fine. I ate a bite of a hot dog from the farmers market (VERY greasy) and got to enjoy the wonderful world of dumping on grease. I do believe that grease makes all the difference. Best of luck to you! ~Lara Lap RNY 4-1-04 400/320/goal of 260
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views