Loser no more:-(

bky962
on 5/1/04 7:27 am - Visalia, CA
my surgery was April 5th and i can't seem to lose any more than what I have. I am sooo discouraged. And now I just wanna eat but my pouch won't let me.I still can't help the emotional eating feeling. I walk everyday and I watch what I eat cause even if I try new foods, if my pouch can't handle it, it comes right back up. I hate losing good food Right now I feel so discouraged.I started off at 260lbs and am down to 239lbs but i can't seem to move from there. Any suggestions
Kim T.
on 5/1/04 7:51 am - Dracut, MA
Back away from the scale!!! lol this WILL work.. all these people can't be wrong.. youre doing everything right just relax and enjoy the ride... (at least this is what my doctors office said when i called with the same issue) lol youre not alone!! We can do it!!! THIS WILL WORK FOR US! ~Kim
bky962
on 5/1/04 8:22 am - Visalia, CA
Thankl you so much Kim. I was really getting discouraged, and sometimes when that happens I get self destructive and start eating more. And I really don't want to stretch out my pouch.Especially after I prayed for the surgery for so long. Okay so no more weighing myself everyday!! Thank you again
Maureen C.
on 5/1/04 8:38 am - MO
try increasing your fluids.
jennyt
on 5/2/04 12:44 am - Athens, AL
Rebecca, start measuring yourself. It was suggested to me to take my measurements regularly (once every week or two weeks), then when I hit a plateau I can still see a loss of inches. Don't give up! This too shall pass.
Lois N.
on 5/3/04 2:08 am - Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Get rid of the scale..NOW!!! I had surgery on April 1st and have not lost any pounds in a week so I was advised to throw the scale away or hide it. This is very normal and may happen more than once. Did you take your measurements? If you didn't you should because you will probably see the difference in inches. I feel my clothes get bigger even though the scale hasn't moved in a week. Don't worry just keep doing what the doc ordered and you will be ok. Are you getting lots of protein and water?? Good Luck! Lois
Tina MR
on 5/3/04 8:04 am - Ruidoso Downs, NM
Rebecca, don't get discouraged!!! I had my surgery on the 9th and have only lost 23 pounds. Listen to me ONLY.....to me that's really great. Yours too!!!!! 28 days and you've lost 21 pounds.....Now when else could you have done that???? Anyway, like everyone said, it comes off in inches too. I have had to stay away from the scales too. I'll lose one pound and then it will be 2 days and I won't lose any. Then again the cycle.....and on and on. So we will get there. You can't help but lose weight with the small amount your eating compared to what we ate before. Think of it that way!!! Good Luck Tina
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views