Gurgling intestines

Maureen C.
on 4/30/04 3:52 am - MO
I had surgery on the 26th and had no complications (thank GOD),but I have tremendouse bloating and gurgling of my intestines. I seem to be belching frequently,but not passing much gas the other way. I could swear I had gas come out of my drain site yesterday. Has anyone else had this gurgling and how long does it last? Other than this, I have no problems.
Sandra R.
on 4/30/04 4:27 am - Double Springs, AL
Maureen, I am 3 weeks post-op and my intestines still gurgle and roll and tumble. The gas is not nearly as bad now as it was the first week. I think we just have to hang it and it will get better. This week I have had terrible nausea. I finally called the Doctor and they said I wasn't drinking enough. So I'm drinking and it is better. Good luck. Sandy
DEB W.
on 4/30/04 4:45 am - VIRGINIA BEACH, VA
I am 4/7/04 -27.5 yeah!!! I still have the gurgling too. My friend who is 6 months out says its because there is less tummy so we hear it more. Remember to drink, drink, drink. At work I have my protein shake, my Crystal Lite and my water jug...just so I don't get bored with one thing or another. I still have gas and bloating..especially since I threw up yesterday..tasted some chicken terriaki...found out there is sugar in the sauce..Oh never again. some one else said stay away from MSG..so there goes my chinese for a long while. Keep smiling it does indeed get better. deb
Donna R
on 4/30/04 9:57 am - Paducah, KY
Hi Maureen, this was me today, I layed on my side and read for a while, then I would get up and walk around the house for a bit and lay down again.this seemed to help get the gas out the other end Donna
Janice H.
on 4/30/04 11:22 am - dewey, az
I had surgery the 27th and I have the same problem. Rumbling and roiling intestines with lots of burping. Only a small fart so far but I did have a BM this morning so I know that is working. Janice
Eileen G.
on 5/2/04 3:39 am - Sun Valley, NV
I had my surgery on 04-13-04 and I still have the intestinal gremlins rocking out and making a lot of noise...oh well I say..I just blame the dog ..as for the gas, walk, drink and tell everyone that when you fart, you're losing inches ....good luck and welcome to the losing side Eileen
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views