Has anyone felt swimmy headed

Skinny123
on 4/29/04 7:12 am - Athens, AL
Hey guys. Anyone out there felt kinda swimmy headed. Not true dizziness or lightheadedness but a swimmy feeling. I feel this way sometimes, not all the time but sometimes. Just curious. I am one week out, lost 14 1/2 pounds!!!!!
Bunny T.
on 4/29/04 7:31 am - Modesto, CA
YES>>>>>>>>>>> I have!!! Acutally the past two days I did. Now today I don't . I have no idea why either. Thanks for asking the question though.............I can't wait to see the answer. Bunny
Larakatya
on 4/29/04 8:49 am - Twin Cities, MN
Yep. Me too. Comes and goes. . . Is better when I strive to get all my water in, but I think it also has to do with low blood sugar. Best of luck, ~Lara Lap RNY - 4/1/04 400/328/Goal of 260
nancyhrich
on 4/29/04 9:53 am - Chicago, IL
Hi Melisa... Congrats on the first week's weight loss! I've felt swimmy headed --- just what you describe ...almost lightheaded & dizzy, but not quite ... For ME, it's an indication of low blood sugar ... proved time and again by testing it ... In fact, it happened today ... so I ate some carbohydrates (I use peanut butter!!) ... had some ice ... and then I felt better ... Nancy LapRNY 4/12/04 -34 as of 4/28/04
Staci J.
on 4/29/04 9:54 am - Clifton Park, NY
Me too! Me too! Just today, during the middle of a sentence no less, I felt dizzy and hot and woozy. I think its from lack of food, too. Ususally the feeling comes right after an intense hunger pain. I think its our lower stomachs arguing with our pouches. That's what all the noise is about! LOL
Linda W.
on 4/29/04 2:59 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Yeah Melisa, I thought it was my blood sugar being too low (I'm a diabetic), but my sugars are running high (157-199). Then I tested my BP and that's a little high too, so it may be one of those or the fact I'm not getting in much nourishment.
Skinny123
on 4/30/04 1:08 am - Athens, AL
Thanks for all the reply's so far. What everyone is saying about the low blood sugar just might be the key. Peace to all
mscspr3
on 5/1/04 11:39 am - Fairborn, OH
I just wanted to let you know that it may just be left over from the anestesia. Anestesia can stay in your body for around 2 weeks. I'm 8 days post op and just yesterday stopped feeling the effects of it and my energy is returning. Just give it time to run its course and take care! ~Michelle -14 lbs
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views