I home 2days today!

Tamara B.
on 4/29/04 7:03 am - southwest, MO
I everyone just wanted to say I am home and I guess all has gone well. I was in more pain than I expected....worse than my hysterctomy. But I am managing and just glad I haven't had to deal with any "problems" that other people I know have had. I came home with the little 'purse' that feeds meds to my incision site and already the first day home one came loose that night. One is still in though so I haven't disconnected it completely. I will this evening though. Boy is that lortab aweful or what!? I haven't been taking it today as I didn't really notice much difference with the pain taking it/not taking it. I am working to get the liquids down and have not experienced any full feeling. Belly is starting to rumble strong though! It's a very weird feeling. I am 4 days postop and not regretting anything a bit! I am very glad I took this opportunity to lose all this excess weight. I hope all my fellow April Losers are doing and will do good. TamaraB
Liz...Tulsa
on 4/29/04 8:11 am - Oklahoma City, OK
I am 1 week 1 day postop and had more pain than I thought I would, too. I stopped demerol on Tuesday and haven't really had any pain since; just discomfort. I am having so much trouble getting any kind of desire to eat or drink anything. My doc has me on full liquids for 4-6 weeks. This includes jello, pudding, popsicles...However, I tried very watered down instant mashed potatoes and decided I could finally live. It tasted SO good. Now, today is a better day and I've eaten more than the other days. So, I guess I'm healing and doing well. Thank God I did not become lactose intolerant. I liked milk, but now LOVE taking sips of it throughout the day. Has been a God send. Good luck!!! Liz
Kelly_J
on 4/29/04 11:14 am - NY
Hi Tamara, being so newly post op you won't get that full feeling yet, your stomach is still sore which interferes with how much you can eat and what is actually making you full. I am 2 weeks post op and I remember feeling like S*** my first week, I had a drain bag but I did stop taking the pain medication the second day I was home so that I didn't get dependent on it and I could get used to having some pain, I knew once I was off of it after being on it for awhile the pain would seem bad even though it really wasn't. Give it another week till you start to get the full feeelings, I had a lot of gas build up too, it's hard to get it out which makes you feel full and uncomfortable, the first week is horrible but it's amazing how good you feel the second week, I am eating so much more then I anticipated. Good luck and be patient, you will definitely soon find out what full feels like! Kelly RNY 4-13-04 -30lbs
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views