hi everyone, i'm now 1 we...

Judy M.
on 4/29/04 3:03 am - Jacksonville, FL
hi everyone, i'm now 1 week postop...Dr Overcash really surprised me, he expected us to get up and move but i didn't know he had a pain medicine drip going around the clock, i was very comfortable, no pain...he is a very good dr...the only trouble i have is the yuccy diet...the oatmeal is the worst, the cream soup tops the oatmeal as the next worst...spoke with our dietician, she suggested grits in place of...so i tried that this morning, it was wonderful...i felt like i finally had my southern breakfast again.lol....getting tired of the sugarfree pudding...well i know i have only one more week and then i can finally have a little different foods. if any one has receipes for week 1 & 2 food pls write...thank you for your time, glad to be back and finally on the losing side. your friend judy m
Marycc
on 4/29/04 5:31 am - Seacoast, VA
Oatmeal, grits - I would be in heaven!! The program I went through allows you 3 carnation instant breakfast drinks a day and 1/2 cup of things like cream soup, cottage cheese, pudding and yogurt. I am so tired of cold and sweet!! I actually look forward my daily 1/2 cup of cream soup!!! I am also one week post op and am feeling great!!! Try to walk around the neighborhood 1 - 2 times a day. I am not hungry but do find myself craving food. It is a hard ugre to fight but after all I went through fighting with my insurance company and will the surgery itself - I WILL NOT give in!!!!
Tamara B.
on 4/29/04 7:07 am - southwest, MO
I am 4 days post-op. Have you had any pain issues since you've been home? What meds do you take for it if any? I am looking forward to the oatmeal and soup! Funny how our tastes are so different. I hope it still tastes good to me post-op. TamaraB
Judy M.
on 4/30/04 2:06 am - Jacksonville, FL
Hi Tamara, i have not had any pain medicine since i came home. I had surgery on the 21st and came home on the 23rd. Dr Overcash gave me a prescription for percocet but i did not fill it. Glad to hear your home and doing well...Try to stay busy, moving around the house i think it keeps your incision pliable and not stiff, i think that might be a factor to making it hurt. i took on the project of cleaning out my closet, packing up fat clothes to sell on ebay so i can buy some small clothes. i have one more week till i can have a little different food choices... So glad to hear from you keep up the good work. You'll do great...i weighed in at home, my 1st week postop, i have dropped 20 pounds...what a way to get started..hope to hear from you soon. judy
Jillybean
on 4/30/04 4:27 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
I was on clear liquids for the first 2 weeks. Now I'm finally allowed yogurt, soup, puddings, applesauce and pureed foods. I'll be doing this for 4 more weeks.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views