2 Days To Go!!! What To Bring???

Tracy G.
on 4/28/04 9:08 am - Bellevue, WA
Yep, I'm one of the last ones to go for the month of April. I go in for my surgery on 4/30/04 at 7:30am. Our hospital is pretty far away, so i'll be leaving for a hotel tomorrow evening. I have been keeping up on all the 4/2004's, so i've learned a little bit about what to expect. Can anyone tell me what I should bring to the hospital??? I know i'm bringing chapstick and my own pillow. Anything else important? Thanks!
Kim T.
on 4/28/04 11:12 am - Dracut, MA
maybe a small fan.. i brought one and was REAL glad i did.. slippers is a good idea and bring a big smile!!! Lots of luck!!! thoughts and prayers for you on the 30th!!! ~Kim
dana W.
on 4/28/04 11:20 am - pittsburgh, PA
Kim, I had my surgery on the 22nd and I packed like I was going on vaction and the only things I used was my own pillow, chapstick, toothpaste and a toothbrush. I really didn't feel like doing much. Hope this helped Good luck and hope you have a smooth surgery and quick recovery dana 7 days post op -20lbs
JESSICA S.
on 4/29/04 12:25 am - NORTH RIDGEVILLE, OH
I packed slippers but never used them. I brought deoderant, shampoo, soap and hair conditioner. I also brought lotion for after my shower. It felt good since skin was so dry! Toothbrush and paste were used also. Other than that I didnt need a thing. I was home in 2 days! Good Luck! I will keep you in my thoughts.
Jillybean
on 4/29/04 1:30 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
I overpacked. I really didn't need anything. I stayed in the hospital gown the whole time because my own pjs wouldn't fit over the IV and such, and I had a catheter so pants were out. I brought a book to read, but never got around to reading. A pillow is nice to have. Everything else the hospital provided for me-- toothbrush and toothpaste, slippers. I didn't even use my chapstick. Good luck with your surgery!
froggiet1
on 4/30/04 10:53 am - Peoria, IL
If you have long hair - a hair scrunchie is good to have once you are up and moving. Teri H -24
MishaSasha
on 5/1/04 6:39 am - Monterey County, CA
A light robe to stick your arm through and drape over your IV shoulder so that you have privacy when you're walking up and down the hall. Amanda RNY-Dr. Felix April 27, 2004
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views