Bloated

Marycc
on 4/28/04 7:22 am - Seacoast, VA
Tomorrow will be a week post op for me. I am feeling great. Liquids are tough to get down. At least the scale has finally started to move. I am still very bloated. Pants that were a littel baggy pre op are still a little snug around the waist. Is this normal? When will it end? I've been walking 1 - 3 times a day - maybe 1/2 to 3/4 a mile each time. It feels so good to get out and moving.
dana W.
on 4/28/04 11:27 am - pittsburgh, PA
Mary i am also week post op and I also feel bloated I asked the nurse today when I went to my doc app. and she said my stomach is still swollen not bloated. I can't tell either by putting pants on if I lost weight but when I went to the app. she told me I lost 20lbs since the morning of surg. She also said the swelling should go down in a about a week. good luck and best wishes Dana
Leslie M.
on 4/29/04 5:08 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 04/05/04 with
Hi Mary, I was also very bloated when I first got out of the hospital... I am now 3 weeks post-op... I talked to my doctor about what can be taken for the bloating, he told me to take gas-x... just one small pill and I was feeling so much better... you will find that you need this a lot over the next few days... but things are going to get better, I promise! take care and keep smiling, before you know it you will be uttering those magic little words.. "My pants are to big and I need to go shopping" .... The best advice I can give you is to take it slow, try not to rush back into your old routine... Take care, Leslie Jacksonville, FL
DianneW
on 4/29/04 10:42 am - Louisville, KY
I'm not bloated, but constipated, and my stomach is still very swollen from the surgery and shots from blood thinner's. Of course I had an extra week in the hospital from the blood clots. I'm 2 weeks post op. Have lost 33 pounds and my pants which were loose before surgery feel too tight in the waist due too the swelling in my stomach. Dianne
busyredhed
on 4/29/04 7:07 pm - Merced, CA
Mary, Don't feel bad. My one week post-op appointment showed that I lost 22 lbs., but my jeans are still a little snug. I was told that my stomache is still swollen and can stay swollen for up to a month for some people. Be patient, everything will shrink soon enough.LOL Dawna
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views