Anbody want to snack?

rstauz
on 4/27/04 10:33 pm - Milwaukee, WI
I'm a little over one week post-op. I find myself really wanting to snack between meals. Not so much in the morning but often around 3:00 and 8:00 pm. My doctor's staff really encouraged us NOT to snack. Anybody else finding that they want to snack? Was everybody told not to snack by your doc? Last night I ate popcorn, not a tremendous amount, but never felt like it filled me up (tasted good!). Thank you for any feed back or suggestions.
lwalker108
on 4/27/04 11:54 pm - Appling, GA
Hi Rhonda, My name is Lori I also had my surgery on 04/19 and I am on a liquid diet only. When I do find my self wanting something other than liquids I will find something to do or grab a sugar free fudge popsicle anything that I know that I can have. Did you have any problems after eating the popcorn? Lori
Kelly_J
on 4/28/04 1:13 am - NY
I am 2 weeks post op and when I find myself wanting a snack, especially since it has been so long since I was able to crunch anything or chew, I grab a Dole Whole Fruit strawberry popsicle. They are real strawberries and juice and taste sooooo good. I also drink a lot of fruit punch crystal light, it's a generic brand since CL doesn't make a fruit punch, and that usually tides me over till it's time to eat again. I think the hardest part is that your probably bored and falling back into the way you used to eat which is have a snack when there is nothing else to do. I know I was and still am. It's head hunger, if you sit back you will notice you really don't feel hunger, just the craving for something tasty. If you can feel the pains of hunger and your stomach is rumbling, then you know you are really hungry! Hope I helped! Kelly RNY 4-13-04 -30lbs
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views