what to do about the cravings?

kfaines
on 4/27/04 6:49 am - irvington, NJ
it's been two weeks for me i feel great but i'm craving everything under the sun.not hungry just craving.tired of jello,pudding and yougurt.how bout anyone else?also having problems going to bathroom.please help!!!!
Kim T.
on 4/27/04 7:03 am - Dracut, MA
what specifically are you craving?? i craved a frozen dinner i know so i cooked one, put it in the food processor and ate 2 bites, it was enough and havent really had any cravings since.. is it ok for you to have scrambeled egg beaters? maybe with a TINY bit of melted cheese? cream of broccoli soup, creamy tomato worked for me.. also i tried a few bites of spaghetti O's to get off a lil craving and i did ok with that too, but LITERALLY 2 bites!! Healthy Choice has a fudgsicle that's yummy, and Edys has No added sugar ice cream, but i save those for like once a week if i NEED something... hope that helps a little... as far as the bathroom thing, MY dr suggested Senakot if i had trouble, you should probably call and ask them tho as they may want you to try something else. Good luck, hope this helped a little! otherwise, how are you doing????? ~Kim
kfaines
on 4/27/04 8:32 am - irvington, NJ
hi kim, i'm feeling very well better than i expected i thought i'd be in pain longer .i'm craving pizza and a ham and cheese sandwich yes i can eat eggs now, i'm eating pudding,eggs,yougurt hot ceareals and jello very tired of the jello at this point couldnt do the broth thing.when you did the frozen dinner how did you puree it is it nasty? what kind of dinner is the fudge sicle okay for my stage i'm 4/13 post op thanks kim keesha
Kim T.
on 4/27/04 9:50 am - Dracut, MA
Hi Keesha!! well i just got real bored with food with no flavor, so i put the frozen dinner after i cooked it in a food processor, it made it like mush, then just took 2 bites just to taste SOMETHING with flavor.. careful tho pay attention to sugars,, i chose a healthy choice meal, and i admit i ONLY did that once, i wasnt about to push my luck. I dont see why the fudgesicle isnt ok.. it melts to liquid pretty quickly and i do great with the healthy choice ones, again just make sure if you dont get healthy choice one that you choose a sugar free one. Cheese is rough on me, it balls up in my stomach and doesnt pass easily so i stay away from it.. also mashed potatoes, the instant ones come in a few varieties works well i added some feta cheese to the mashed potatoes and it was pretty yummy. Squash with some margarine and salt is also a favorite for me.. I had surgery on 4/7 and i've been eating mashed potatoes since 2 weeks out, some days they work better than others tho.. other than that i don't have a whole lot of options either.. lets just keep the time moving so we can get to solid foods Good luck and if ya try something new just make sure you are close to home, just in case it doesnt work out!!! (i've learned that lesson already!) ~Kim
cherub32169
on 4/27/04 9:56 am - Baltimore, MD
Hi Keesha, I craved some "Carb Smart" ice creams so an hour or so after eating one and getting "laxative like cramps", I read ALL the ingredients and found they had sorbitol in them. Big no no for me. The front of the box said "Splenda" so I figured that was the only sweetner in it. So just make sure you read the ingredients real well. As far as the bathroom issue....water, water, water. I wasn't drinking enough and shewee was I in pain. I made a specific point to get enough in!! -Sandra
Leslie M.
on 4/29/04 5:29 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 04/05/04 with
Keesha, I found that eating SUGAR FREE Popsicles are the best for me... there are 3 different flavors in the box, cherry, orange, and grape and if you get the variety box, they have fudgesicles, creamsicles, and the normal popsicles.. the brand I like the best is called POPSICLES, they are in the yellow box, I hope you have them where you live... You can also have a fruit smoothie.. they are easy to make and good for you... cut up some strawberries, bananas, add apple juice and ice and blend away... You will love them... you can also try other fruits such as watermelon (seedless of course), mangos, etc... just be careful not to drink to fast or to much... that happens, I know for a fact! take care and what ever you do, don't rush your self! take it slow...
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views