13th-ers.....it's two weeks!!

Kelly_J
on 4/28/04 1:23 am - NY
Can you believe it's been two weeks already, if you would have told me then that I would be feeling so good now, I would have said youwere crazy and get your head checked. I never thought it would get better but I have been eating more things now and feeling so much better, it helps that the weather here in NY is heating up finally and I can get outside with my 2 yr old son when I am bored so that I take my mind off of wanting to snack or eat just out of boredom. I love grinding up tuna and mayo in the food processor and eating it that way, also canned chicken is good with mayo, tastes just like tuna. I am on pureed and it is a soft consistency. I also eat anything that I can puree in my mouth like baked fish, no meaty meats yet, but I can eat a lot more then I thought I could. Did anyone else get worried when they were drinking more then 2 oz? I did until I found out that it was normal for your stomach to take more fluid then food. My doctor also later told me that he made my pouch 3-4 oz and didn't bypass as much of my intestine as other patients because he said I was not at a 40 BMI to start with so he didn't want me to lose too much weight to fast, it would be unhealthy. I was happy with that, I am already 30lbs down after 2 weeks, I even gained 3 lbs back when I went for a visit once I got off the clear liquids and onto pureeds. He said that was normal too. SO 13thers congrats! Kelly
Steve G.
on 4/28/04 11:59 pm - Royersford, Pa
Hey all! I am also a 13er, and I am feeling great! I was at 348 when i went into the hospital, 353 when i came out. This morning I was 328!!! 25 pounds in 15 days. I feel great. I am back at the gym 5 days a week....2 miles on the treadmill, then 30 minutes on the stationary bike or 30 minutes in the pool. I too am on the pureed diet, and I feel pretty good. I'm drinking the Nectar Proteins, and working hard at getting the 64 oz of fluids in each day. It really is a full day process! Another 10 days and I will progress to soft solid foods! Can't wait!!! 300, here I come!
irisheyes
on 4/29/04 1:10 am - Harmony, MN
YEA Kelly! sounds like you're doing great! I was told that i needed to 8 oz over and hour (8 times a day) waiting at least 1/2 hour before eating. I can't wait until i have my first appt.(Dr. Kendrick didn't want to see me until 3 weeks) I'd like to get an offical number for my weight loss. My scale says i'm down 18 lbs though.....I'll take it! Keep up the good work! Katie
Jessica T.
on 4/30/04 1:31 am - Leesburg, FL
Hey fellow 13th-ers. I can't believe its been two weeks already. I started back to work on Monday and I'm feeling fine. I am still doing the liquid/soft foods thing. Not having too much trouble except I tried a 1/2 piece of chicken (boneless skinless breast patty) and that did me in for the day. Won't do that again. Having problems with the protiens as well. I am concerned because my doctor told me I need those to loose the weight. I don't know about the weight loss at this time because my scale at home is broken however at 8 days it was down 12 and 19 from my pre-op appointment. I had days of wondering what if this doesn't work but then after the 1/2 chicken breast did me in I knew it would be okay. I hope everyone is doing well and feeling fine. I feel hungry at times but then I realize that I only had a sugar free jello, baked potato and a popsicle all day. Go figure.
Eileen G.
on 5/2/04 2:33 am - Sun Valley, NV
hello 13th-ers.... no problem with the protein here, I had some prime rib (chopped up real good ) and butternut squash for dinner last night.. There is a bakery here in Reno called Fresh Energy, they make a protein bar with 40-42 grms of protein, 200-240 calories, and they taste good. Also Skippy makes a carb options peanut butter..good stuff and of course tuna and cottage cheese are my friends. I feel good, still get tired easily and have a little pain, but I have lost 27 lbs ...I would do this again in a minute..you bet..Hope you all are well Eileen
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views