Having Surgery on the 28th getting a little scared!!!!

Pam A.
on 4/26/04 2:34 pm - Wellston, OH
I am wondering if anyone else could eat anything they wanted the before surgery. I can until midnight which seems weird. I sometimes think all kinds of crazy thoughts,worry about crazy things!!!! Hopefully everything will go well. Pam Arthur
Angela B.
on 4/26/04 3:56 pm - Salt Lake City, UT
I couldn't do that. In fact, I started tapering off 2 days before surgery and ate only minimally the day before so that my bowel prep would be easier. And it was! No big deal. My actual instructions were clear liquids after 2pm, magnesium citrate at 6pm and then push water until midnight. I would have probably been too afraid to have anything in there when they were cutting anyway. I am three weeks out and doing great BTW. Good luck and blessings! Angela
(deactivated member)
on 4/26/04 8:49 pm - Port Saint Lucie, FL
I am on clear liquids today and was on full liquids all yesterday. I guess my doctors wants it to be as clean as possible... God bless and prayers to you for a quick and speedy recovery. Rj
Tamara B.
on 4/29/04 7:30 am - southwest, MO
I was able to eat the day bofore but not any high fat foods. I ate two sandwiches that day (chicken breast cooked on the grill and added mayo on a hamb. bun) and I ate a 3-4 Pringles, and I know I ate a couple of other things just cause I knew it would be a long time before I could(can't remember what though). Two days before (camping with GS) I had pizza and a hot dog. I had open RNY and this caused no problems.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views