Fellow 12thers..how is the weightloss going so far?

DianneW
on 4/27/04 12:16 pm - Louisville, KY
I had surgery on the 15th. I've lost 27 pounds. I'm not having trouble with anything except getting in enough protien. I can't have Nutrasweet or Splenda, so my protien drink has no sweetner I mix with milk and peaches, blend (only 17 grams). That's all I've been doing a day. I've been eating soup at other meals. I needs to work on increasing it. Dianne
BeckyB1971
on 4/27/04 11:40 pm - Manitowoc, WI
I have lost 20 lbs so far but seem to be stuck losing any more. I am starting to get really discouraged. I haven't lost anything in 5 days. Just praying that I will start losing more soon! I am walking and trying to get in all my protein. I don't have much trouble eating different things. I have found two protein drinks that I like. I am drinking Advant Edge they have 15 grams of protein. There are two flavors that I like - Fruit Citrus Splash and another one that tastes like orange soda - YUM!
ruthdebra
on 4/28/04 5:14 am - Palm Springs, CA
I have lost 13 lbs plus the 10 I gained from fluid in the hospital. I am on full liquids kind of merging with purees. Other than still being a little tired I'm feeling fine, for the most part. Have a headache today. Ruth
e W.
on 4/28/04 1:17 pm - Birmingham, AL
Congrats everyone! I have to keep telling myself that it's only been 2 weeks--last night I was almost crying on the phone to my brother wanting to eat something--ANYTHING!! I'm still on liquids--I almost hate this full liquids thing worse than the clear liquids. I have no time to get in anything but the protein shake and the water. Most of the time, water makes me feel icky--kind of like nausea or cramping. That's been the biggest challenge this week. I can feel my skin drying out, so I'm trying to get in the first 20-oz bottle by noon. I hardly feel any pain anymore, and I'm back at work full-time this week, so I'm getting back up to speed with my life. I've been dying for something to eat. The first week was almost unbearable, sitting home, watching on TV the Quiznos subs get toasted and the guys run to the door for the Philly Cheese Steak pizza. I'm going to miss bread, I can tell! By the way, I lost 23 pounds the first week, and I've been a little down because I've only lost about 2 more pounds in this second week! I know my body's just freaking out right now--it'll start moving soon. Later!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views