Fellow 12thers..how is the weightloss going so far?

aimeexx
on 4/26/04 10:33 am - Beaumont, CA
I lost 21 lbs. the first week, but this week it seems like I've only lost 2-3 lbs. How is everyone else doing so far?
RHawk69
on 4/26/04 1:19 pm - Ruthven, IA
Hi Aimee! I am not a 12ther, but I am a 13ther. You are doing awesome !!! I lost 17 lbs my first week and think that I am around 20 or so now. I am going to weigh Wed. when my husband goes for his initial eval. I haven't had any major problems other than getting rid of the food. It seems to run right through me. I don't drink for a 1/2 hour before or a 1/2 hour after my meals though. My body just hasn't straightened out yet. Hopefully it will soon. How are you doing with the eating. What type of foods are you able to eat. I am on pureed. I stick with applesauce, tuna (and other fish), cottage cheese, yogurt, mashed potato's, jello, pudding and popcicles. I feel like I am eating a big variety for only 2 weeks out though. Happy Loosing!!!!! Ranae
kfaines
on 4/27/04 4:43 am - irvington, NJ
i'm a 13ther too i'm just the oppsite of you you said food runs thourh you i've only been able to go 2x since the surgry what are you eating and when? are you getting in all your fluids i find there isnt enouhg time in the day
Vikki M.
on 4/26/04 2:06 pm - Westbrook, ME
Hi there Aimee congrats on the weight loss ......I am down about 25 lbs give or take (depends on how much clothing I have on ) I am really having an awful time trying to get in all the fluids I am supposed to..I am lucky if I can get in 4 cups & that is including my Carnation instant breakfast & my protein shake I have to force myself to swallow only to feel like ..thank god I have not vomited yet...it is a big fear of mine.... Are you on a blended diet? I am craving a chicken cesar salad and can not wait to have one...although I am not hungry at all & am lucky if I eat a Tsp of "food" a day.nothing seems to go down well & I am still craving "real" food and can not stomache the blending up of my food..ah well such is life....I am sure it will get better over time..... Vikki
(deactivated member)
on 4/26/04 8:53 pm - Port Saint Lucie, FL
Hey Vikki, Try adding splendar or equal to your protien shake. it makes it taste sooooooooo much better. My secret is I put the water for my shake in the freezer and then blended and add sugar substitute. Tastes great... Good luck and God bless, Rj
Linda W.
on 4/26/04 2:47 pm - Jacksonville, FL
I've only lost 31.5 lbs so far but it's been rough going. It seems I should have lost more by now but I'm unable to take in any protein or any pureed food which I should be on now. Once it hits my pouch, the pain is so intense, I just don't eat it. Even a lot of the clear liquids hurt too. The doctor is very nonchalant about the whole thing and when I asked what to do, just stay on clear liquids for the next few months, he said yes. He's an a$$hole. My tube hurts and bleeds extensively and I don't get much sleep. I'm hungry and thirsty all the time and would be happy to just drink some water. I'm craving regular food too, especially meat! Take care. Linda.
Jillybean
on 4/26/04 10:42 pm - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
I've lost 23lbs. total. I lost 15lbs the first week and 8lbs. the second. And I'm still not on food yet
Judy Ann M.
on 4/27/04 12:10 am - Bay Village, OH
17 pounds down! The first couple of weeks have been a rollercoaster, but I love the ride. Still on liquids. Looking forward to pureed foods in a couple of weeks. Yuk! Protein shakes...but I am trying to tolerate. Still pain in my left side, but dulling. Getting re-energized, but I seem to sleep a lot. I guess my body is still healing.
Donna Paige
on 4/27/04 2:55 am - Pottstown, PA
My total weightloss is 36lbs. Course I gained 30lbs at the hospital. I have gone from 339 to 303lbs. Can't wait to get under the 300lb mark. My Dr. advised me to stay away from carbs if I would like to lose weight faster. I will need to stick mainly with proteins.
Patti M.
on 4/27/04 5:14 am - Pasadena, MD
Congrat to everyone on the weight loss! I have lost 23 ilbs, but do agree with loose having food problems. Not doing well getting food down, the protein drinks make me vomit even when I force down some protein drink. The only one I have been able to get down at all is Myophlen fruit. I am Lactose intolerant which my doc dietitian knew so the milk based protein makes me throw up just from the smell. But enough about me I am very concerned about the yound lady with the pain and blood. I an very concerned about you is there any think any of us can do to help you. Something has to be wrong.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views