Finally - I'm a post op!!!

Marycc
on 4/26/04 2:54 am - Seacoast, VA
Well surgery was a great success on Thursday, April 22nd. Everything went extremely well - so well that I was sent home on Sat the 24th - took a little begging on my part!! I know I shouldn't be frustrated yet....but I still weigh more than I did the morning of my surgery.... My question though is....I'm experiencing a lot of "gurgling" ... funny rumblings in my tummy....starting at the top and ending...well that is enough details. Is this normal??? How long does it last? It isn't painful just bothersome. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
bky962
on 4/26/04 3:47 am - Visalia, CA
I EXPERIENCED THE SAME THING. I'M GUESSING IT IS NORMAL. THE DR. CHECKED FOR RUMBLINGS IN MY TUMMY BEFORE HE RELEASED ME HOME. GOOD LUCK AND CONGRADULATIONS!!!! REBECCA
Rachelq
on 4/26/04 5:24 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
According to most of the post ops in my support group, the gurgling, rumbling, 'tummy talk' as one called it Is totally normal. Congrats on a successful surgery! Rachel
dana W.
on 4/26/04 11:37 am - pittsburgh, PA
Mary, I too had my surgery on the 22nd and they also released me on the 24th because everything went extremely well. I'm so glad you ask that question cause my stomach won't stop rumbling it don't hurt or anything either I also was just wondering what it was. It feels a little like its growling like I'm hungry but I get full just sipping on broth or water. I still weigh more than what I weighed the morning of surgery also I think its because my stomach is still swollen. But I feel so healthy for some reason and I feel like I lost weight. I guess it just take some time. Good Luck and Best wishes WERE LOSERS!!!!!!! DANA
RHawk69
on 4/26/04 1:09 pm - Ruthven, IA
Hi Mary I had my surgery on the 13th and I still have rumbling and gurgling. Mine happens mainly when I drink fluids, or when I first start my meal. I've been told that it is completely normal. Don't get frustrated about your weight. Are you weighing at home. If you are - Put that scale away. You need to concentrate on other things right now. Let it be a suprise when you visit your doctor. You are only 6 days out, wait until your Dr. appt's are further apart before you start weighing at home. THis is just my opinion, but I took my scale to the basement! Congrats on your surgery and I hope things continue to go well for you. Happy Loosing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views