3 more days have ?s

donnasmiley75
on 4/25/04 9:51 am - glendale, AZ
wow 3 more days now i know i am getting nervous. i am so excited I go to work on monday and then i am off for 2 1/2 weeks do you think that will be long enough? I hope so. I do phone work or office work. so it's not like i am digging Ditches but what do you think? please let me know. I have my teaching class on tuesday does anyone else have to do this teaching class?
Rachelq
on 4/25/04 11:38 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Donna, I am pre-op till 4/27, but this question just came up in my support group. The answer from dozens of post ops was that two weeks is not enough time. They said that even if you feel ok...the changes take a long time to get used to. You need to give yourself time to figure out how to eat. They recommend at least three weeks after surgery. Not sure what a teaching class is. I went through a nutrition class though. Good luck to you. God Bless. Rachel
Kathy S.
on 4/25/04 1:35 pm - Lodi, CA
Donna, my son in law and daughter both had surgery in March. He was able to take 4 weeks off and she only was able to take 2 1/2 weeks off like you. I would say take some extra time if at all possible. My daughter has had a few more issues than her husband. She also has a desk job. but you still get tired and if you do not let your body heal enough I really think it slows down your return to feeling normal. I am having surgery tomorrow and I plan on taking 4 weeks but if I need more time I will take it. My Dr. recomended 4 - 6 because of my job. See how you feel and take it as it comes but remember it is your health. So take care of yourself. I will keep you in my prayers.
Betty E.
on 4/25/04 11:09 pm - MD
Donna, I will be 2 weeks post-op this Thursday..I don't think 2 1/2 weeks is enough and if you can possibly take more time it would only benefit you..I would hate to think I had to go back this week. I am still dealing with trying to get my eating and meds straight, not to mention I have a wound infection I am dealing with. I'm feeling better but not up to par just yet..still need to get some strength back... Best of luck to you with your surgery and whatever you deside to do though!! Betty
Jillybean
on 4/26/04 10:50 pm - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
I think it depends on the person. I am 15 days post-op today. I've been up and around for awhile now. I've been driving since 9 days post-op. Right now I'm feeling back to my old self-- cleaning the house, chasing after the kids. We even played tag in the yard yesterday. I feel no pain or soreness at all. I'm still not able to eat foods, but I have no problem with my liquids. I have never felt sick. And I haven't even hit 2½ weeks yet, so if it were me, I'd go back to work.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views