Was your surgery April 6th?

charl
on 4/24/04 3:14 am - Bouckville, NY
Mine was, and Im wondering how everyone is that shares the 4/6 REbirthday with me. I went to my surgeons on the 20th and he removed my staples and drain and I'm on soft foods now. I had lost 14 pounds from the 6th to the 20th and have lost a total of 29 pounds. I'm already down a size!! I have had no complications and will be happy when I can return to work. So all you April 6er's, let me know how you are doing!!! Charl
Rondaslosinit
on 4/24/04 8:43 am - Richardson, TX
Hi Charl, My surgery date was April 7th - close enough? I too am doing great. I've had no complications and am on soft foods now. I have lost 17 lbs since surgery and am down a size too. Just last year I had resigned myself to my weight and got rid of all my clothes that were not 3X - YIKES! Within 2 weeks I'm going to be out of ALL my clothes. What a nice problem to have! I wish I had done this years ago! Continued good luck and keep in touch! Ronda
dladams66
on 4/24/04 11:40 am - NJ
Hi Charl, My surgery was April 6th too. They took out the staples and drain on April 14th and I had lost 17 lbs at that point. I've up to about 25 now! I went back to work this past Monday, the 19th (I'm a teacher). I feel really good....I still get quite fatigued though...especially in the morning. I have been eating things like yogurt, farina, eggs, feta, lunch meat turkey, ham ff cheese...and salmon....I'm still so very amazed at how little really satisfies me...it's rather freaky! I'm trying to count my grams of protein....and I'm averaging pretty close to 60...that's the one thing that worries me...I want to make sure I get enough....its also been tough getting lots of fluids in...I'm trying to improve that each day. I would love to keep in touch and 'compare notes' every now and then.....look forward to hearing from you....God bless you. Dawn
cricket_nj
on 4/27/04 2:59 am - Butler, NJ
My surgery was on the 8th. My drain was removed before I left the hospital. I'm down 29 pounds already. I definitely notice in my clothing, not sure how many sizes. I also had no complications. I'm actually returning to work tomorrow (I'm a first grade teacher). I'm nervous and excited.....sound familiar?
DEB W.
on 4/27/04 4:05 am - VIRGINIA BEACH, VA
Hey, I am the 7th!!! same week ...I didn't have staples or drainage things. I had a laproscopic RNY. I have lost 23 lbs. I am on pretty good food choices, tuna, salmon, chicken, eggs, sf popcicles, sf jello, chicken burger, grits, oatmeal etc. crystal lite, choc. protein skakes, I have gone down two sizes thus far. I returned to work on the 21, I work in a school, in the guidance dept. and was ready to come back. I too get tired, and when I am tired I sleep for hours at a time. I am walking more each day and am looking for to working out again. glad to talk to someone closer to my time frame to compare notes with!!!! deb
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views