This just can't be happening!!

balfour
on 4/23/04 12:15 pm - Chicago, IL
I received a call today from the surgery nurse stating they found a slight abnormality in my EKG and I need to take another EKG. Has this ever happen to anyone else. I am hoping and praying that it's a mistake and I will be able the get a medical clearance for surgery on Tuesday 4/27/04. When I called my medical doctor I was told she would be in until Monday. I am all excited about the date finally coming and then I get a call like this. I am sooo depressed I don't know what to do. Without medical clearance no surgery. On top of that today was my last day of work. Has anyone ever experienced something like this before?
cricket_nj
on 4/23/04 12:46 pm - Butler, NJ
I had the same thing happen about a week before my surgery. I had to take a stress test to prove that I would be OK. The nurses calmed me down.....if there was something very wrong, they'd have cancelled it already. I'm sure all will work out. It's unfortunate...the timeing...I only got the OK two days before surgery!! Good luck! Debbie
balfour
on 4/23/04 1:10 pm - Chicago, IL
Thanks forthe encouraging words. I hope I am as lucky as you in getting this taken care of!!!
Jhilerio04
on 4/23/04 9:44 pm - Auburn, MA
Well..get this...i put on 20lbs between the time i met with the doc originally, so i was told that i must lose at least 7lbs or they couldnt do the proceedure. I was devistatated...I was scheduled to see the doc exactly 1 week after, so i did and lost 6 of the 7 lbs, BUT-my BP was sky high, because I was so scared that i didnt lose the weight, it was 160/101. I was so freaked at this point. They never tell you that if small things go wrong they could cancell the surgery. SO what they did was, they gave me BP meds for 24 hours and luckily it driopped to 120/70. So i was set for surgery the next morning....don't lose faith, i am sure that you will be all set doll...just gotta keep positive and be sure with yourself that all will work out, and it will!
(deactivated member)
on 4/23/04 10:17 pm - Port Saint Lucie, FL
You are in God's hands and he won't let you down... It is all in his time not ours and his is the right, RIGHT time, there may be a reason that you or I don't see or know, but it will work out...if you don't believe me, you need to read my profile...and see some real miracles in the making... Love ya gurl and so does HE... Take care and God bless... Rj
Rondaslosinit
on 4/24/04 9:00 am - Richardson, TX
Debra, Look at it this way... Wouldn't you rather know now - before surgery - if there is something going on with your heart? It is better than the possible alternative! Although it probably is nothing, your heart is nothing to mess around with. You have waited this long for the surgery, a few more days won't make any difference in the long run. We're out here rooting for ya girl! Good luck on the second EKG! Ronda
carol V.
on 4/24/04 11:55 am - ontario, CA
relax keep busy im sure therestill a dozen things you can be doing. the more stressed you are the more the ekg can look off. and if your stressed and not relaxing and sleeping well all of this can play into this. It well be ok. just something to keep it interesting . I know we don't need it best wishes.carol
Rachelq
on 4/25/04 4:26 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi...I know exactly how you feel. I had a few last minutes OMG's! It is so frustrating and depressing! My date is the 27th too. I finally got full clearance on Thursday at 3pm. I had to take a stress test and Echo cardiogram for my heart. All was clear and they were able to fax the results the same day...don't lose heart there is still a chance. Also, and I know this is hard advice to take when you are going through it, but everything happens for a reason. These tests are done to ensure we will survive surgery. You will get your surgery I am sure of it! I pray it will be soon! Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views