Hi all the 13ther's

glasscity mom
on 4/23/04 8:14 am - Waterville, OH
I just got home from my first appointment after surgery. They took out my drain (Thank goodness). I have lost 13 lbs. So excited. Tomorrow I start on pureed foods. Something else to look forward to. Can't wait. How is everyone else?
C. W.
on 4/23/04 8:36 am - Carbondale, IL
Hey Deb, Congrats on your 13 pounds :calp: .. I had my first appt yesterday as well. I have lost 12 pounds..... I ws very happy about that...I dont have another appt for 3 months, unless i have some problems....Think he did that cause he is 2 1/2 hours away. I am on soft foods, and have not tried anything but cottage cheese, but gonna try eggs on Sunday. Im kinda scard to put stuff in it. Anyway where are you Eileen and Katie? tell us how you are doing... One more thing, I want to know what was everyone starting weight...If you dont mind sharing that info,.....Mine was 250 and as of yesterdaay i am 238..... Conita
Amy M.
on 4/23/04 11:38 am - Carlisle, IN
Hi! My name is Amy and I too had surgery on the 13th @ St. Vincents Hospital @ Carmel. I got my drain tube out on Monday,yipee! As of today, 10 days out, I have lost 20 LB. My starting weight was 271. This is my first time to ever respond and only my third time to the site. I don't know how all of you feel but I am tired of mashed potatoes already! It will all be worth it in the end I know! I feel that if I can make it through this first 6 weeks, I can make it through anything! Good luck to all of you! Amy
C. W.
on 4/23/04 11:14 pm - Carbondale, IL
Congrats Amy, Im glad that you are doing fine and have lost 20 pounds. We welcome to the board and to the 13th ers club we are here if you need to talk or just tell us your good news about anything... there are wonderful people here, and most helpful and supportive. Congrats once again.. Conita
irisheyes
on 4/24/04 12:46 am - Harmony, MN
Welcome to the 13th-ers club Amy! Congrats on your weightloss! This is a great group of people...hope to see you around the boards more in the future. I'm sick of mashed potatoes too....I'm being forced to get creative! good luck, hope to hear from you again soon Katie
Cherie S.
on 4/23/04 12:53 pm - Auburn, CA
Hello there Debbie and all the other people who had surgery on the 13th of April!!! I also had surgery then, and yes I am tired of liquid foods too!! Gonna try eggs this weekend, yeah... I live in Calif. and had Dr. Waldrep in Roseville,CA. for my surgeon and he was so great, I feel very fortunate to be in his care!! Hope everyone is hanging in there, just remember the food on TV really doesn't taste as good as it looks!!
irisheyes
on 4/24/04 12:41 am - Harmony, MN
Hi 13th-ers! It's good to hear that everyone is doing well! Congrats on the weightloss,and getting your drain out! I don't have an appt until may 6th...he didn't want to see me until 3 weeks unless i had a problem. So i'm Unoffically down 14lbs. I'm getting tired fo pureed food!(I think at 3 weeks they will advance me to mech. soft) I am getting quite creative though! So far I haven't had any problems with food...how about everyone else? Conita- I am 5'7" and my starting weight was 258. I've been working out on my cross trainer doing 1 mi. a day....that's enough to make me take a nap!! I can drive now and really enjoyed going grocery shopping yeaterday. Hubby still hasn't quite grasp the fact that these are PERMANT changes, and everything that comes in the house has to be sugarfree and low fat....he's smart he'll catch on after a couple of months.... I can't belive how my shopping habbits have changed already, and how much fat and suger I used to consume!! well better run... great to hear every one is doing well....Keep in touch and let me know how it's going! Katie
Mary W.
on 4/24/04 5:17 pm - Sacramento, CA
Hi I'm another 13ther..... I had a lap RNY at UCDMC in Sacramento with Dr. Ali. I got the 2 for 1 deal and had my gallbladder removed also. The stone was so big it had to good for at least a half pound. I started at 260 and was 244 the day of surgery. Oddly enough I was 249 when I got home on the 15th. I'm now at 234. So that's 10 lbs. I can't compete with you 20 lb losers. Congrats! Way to Go.... I'm on a different regimine though.... liquids for 15 days, then pureed food for 2wks then soft food for 2 wks. I'm walking 1 mile 2x a day and desprately trying to keep up with my fluids. So far I've had protein drinks, cream of everything, soup, soup, and soup, yogart, and pudding... I'm running out of ideas but it'll be over on Thursday so I guess it's not too bad.
Cynthia J.
on 4/25/04 12:38 am - Detroit, MI
Hi my name is Cindy and I had my surgery on april 13th also. I had my first post-op appoint on 4/20/4 Doc remove 1/2 the staples and I was down 14ibs. My stating weight was 247. My next appoint. is this Tuesday to have the remaining staples removed. I go back to work on May 5, hope be down at least 25lbs.
astrutt920
on 4/25/04 8:29 am - Tacoma, WA
Hi there, fellow 13th'ers! I'm Angie from WA. Had the lap proximal rny with Dr. Srikanth at St. Francis Hospital in Federal Way. I too have a different regimen than most of you. I am on clear liquids for the first 4 weeks, then get to add in other liquids for 2 weeks, then move up to pureed foods for 2 weeks and then soft foods for 2 weeks before graduating to real food! My starting weight according to the surgeons office is 277. They put me on the liquid diet for 10 days prior to surgery, but didn't weigh me before surgery - they did weigh me three times in the hospital. The last weight in the hospital was 263.8. At my 1 week post op appt, I weighed in at 257.1 - so the surgeon considers me down 20. Have another appt at 2 weeks (this coming Tuesday) and I think I will be below 250 for the first time in YEARS! Yes, the liquid diet is boring. There is only so much broth you can handle! Good luck, everyone. This is the first time in my life that it's GREAT to be a LOSER! Angie
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views